CineForm and Adobe Premiere Pro -- various questions - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 21st, 2006, 11:19 AM   #46
Trustee

Did you try rebooting your PC?

As simple as it sounds, I regularly experience PPro render issues that usually go away after reboot - so maybe it'll help you too.
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 03:47 PM   #47
Major Player

Thanks everyone for responding so far. I'll try the reboot issue first to see if that helps. I also put in a support ticket with CineForm and will try their suggested procedure next if necessary.

Just some follow-up info regarding the problem -- I tried exporting some footage to a 720p 29.97 fps M2T file (rather than 23.976) and that worked (though, every fourth frame is repeated for the changed frame rate). So it's only the "24 fps" export that is crashing.
Old August 21st, 2006, 10:32 PM   #48
Major Player

Hi again. Well, per the suggestion from CineForm support, I've reinstalled Premiere Pro and Aspect HD. Tried my export again, and it still crashed.

I also tried the other M2T export settings. It appears both of the options labelled "(JVC ProHD)" -- 23.976 fps and 25.00 fps -- cause Premiere Pro to crash. The other options work fine.
Old September 1st, 2006, 11:14 AM   #49
New Boot

progress on problem

okay, it seems to be caused by a problem on two clips in my project that have some kind of corruption or possibly something that happened during shooting on the sdi camera.
Sharlto Copley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2006, 05:30 PM   #50
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Glad to here it.

Note: To all users, please contact us first, both asking direct question that seem to be bugs. That is what support is there for. I'm not in support, so I like come here and help with workflow question, and get new feature ideas. This is not a portal to CineForm, rather it is a link to other CineForm users.
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:05 AM   #51
Regular Crew

now pp2 will not open with a aspect hd preset selected...

Just upgraded my ati x1900xtx to a pny quadro fx 3500. Everything works fine on every single program now except pp2 using a aspect hd preset. Been working on a video for a while now and it will no longer open without freezing up pp2. it was done in the aspect hd 1440x1080 preset. so messing around i tried opening other projects that were done using the aspect preset as well as trying to create a new project with this preset. locks up pp2 everytime. here's the kicker I can open and edit old projects that were done in the regular pp2 hdv preset. I can also start a new project with the regular pp2 presets. all footage in this pc has all been captured using hdlink and is cineform avi's. tried reinstalling pp2 & aspect and no luck at all. I also started a trouble ticket on cineform site but people on here kinda say that takes a long time to hear back. so does anyone know why my aspect hd and my very expensive new quadro fx dont get along?

I mean everything works fine on the pc but aspect presets in pp2 and the quadro. maybe I need to adjust something in the driver or maybe something in aspect but I cant lose this one particular project. been working on it for almost 2 weeks straight and very near completion.

Praying for good news,

Mark
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #52
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It never a good idea to change hardware in the middle of a project. Uninstall Aspect HD, get the latest NVidia drivers from their site. Once the Nvidia drivers are refreshed, re-install Aspect HD and try again.
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #53
Regular Crew

well actually it is screwing up with pp2 as well, just in different spots. seems to be the nvidia driver (latest whql) and some settings in it. so pny tech support told me go to the old 77's b/c they are the latest certified by adobe. but, these drivers do not support the quadro fx 3500. so i tried the 84's to no avail either. so who has the 3500 such as I do and what settings are you using on your drivers to make them work with aspect hd and pp2?

Since this is not just tied to aspect I'm gonna make a post in the premiere thread and see if someone else has some ideas.

Last edited by Mark Leonard; September 6th, 2006 at 12:38 PM.
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 07:05 PM   #54
Major Player

PPRo2 hangs with Prospect HD 2.2

Okay, since I am probably doing something dumb, will start here.
Been a year since I did my editing, so, brain may be dumb.

So, loaded up the 2.2 prospect HD into my windows XP SP2 new dual clovertown 2.66/1333 parts. (going to throw 8 processor at my project this christmas.)

So, I start a new project. (I have going to want to import my HDV from my Sony HC1) So, I look at the presets and choose 1920x1080 60i, assuming this is the correct one for 10 bit mode. When I run PPro2, it just locks up.

If I run HDlink, it sees the HC1 just fine and I can control it.

If I do a project with PPro2 HDV presets, I can control the camera fine.

So, do I have the wrong preset?

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #55
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You will need to talk with support. We are seeing some startup issue on some PCs, yet none anywhere near Southern California (so we have never seen it.) The latest Prospect HD uses a lot of .Net and new threading tools, so do make sure your OS has the all the updates.
Old November 13th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #56
Major Player

Okay, will do. I have all the updates that I am aware of. Even .net 3.0

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 01:04 AM   #57
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Thurston
Hi again. Well, per the suggestion from CineForm support, I've reinstalled Premiere Pro and Aspect HD. Tried my export again, and it still crashed.

I also tried the other M2T export settings. It appears both of the options labelled "(JVC ProHD)" -- 23.976 fps and 25.00 fps -- cause Premiere Pro to crash. The other options work fine.

Hi,
Did you ever sort this problem as I have the same issue when trying to export to procoder from the pp2 timeline. Thanks.
Chris J. Gearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #58
New Boot

Premiere pro2 clueless

Hi everyone

I kinda asked this q before without any definite response, still need help no clues yet.
I captured a large chunk of film into a single DV avi. I cut that up and put together a short sequence on the time line. Can I use the time line sequence to create an offline file so that I can recapture in HDV as a number of small avi's.
Chris Macneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #59
Inner Circle

Chris:

Your question may be confusing or lost in translation, but what I think you are asking is can you capture HDV from you camera as down converted DV, edit it down to portions of clips you want to use, then have the editing system actually do the conversion to HDV.

That sounds like a "proxy file" editing question. Gear Shift does it for Vegas. I Googled using the following and came up with some .pdf files that may help. Use this Google search, or try you own:

"Proxy Editing Premiere Pro 2.0"
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #60
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro for the MAC and what that means for Cineform

Hi David and David (Newman and Taylor),

It's exciting news to hear that Adobe is bringing Premiere back to the MAC. Just wanted to see how this affects Cineforms' MAC efforts.

Would MAC Premiere Users still have to convert their files on a PC system using Video for Windows technology to transcode before porting their footage to a MAC Premiere system, or will we soon see Cineform HDLink software to transcode on the MAC too?

I know that each of you and your team are always hard at work on expanding your capabilities - Just wanted to see if the Adobe announcement offers you more latitude outside of the open architecture of their software.

Keep up the great work!

-Geoff Murillo
Geoff Murillo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase