HDLink -- various questions - Page 20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 7th, 2008, 08:33 AM   #286
Major Player

I had zero problems with this whatsoever.

1. Install AC3Filter or ffdshow tryouts version - both decode AC3 just fine and both are free
2. Install CoreAVC and make it the preferred decoder (it's in the CoreAVC configuration panel). Make sure you install Haali splitter that you get with the package (ffdshow should decode h264 any way, but CoreAVC is faster and better)
3. Double click on your .MTS file and when Windows doesn't have a clue what to do with it, point it to Media Player. WMP will complain that it doesn't know what it is, but just get it to play it any way. From then on, .MTS files will always open with Media Player.

Once WMP can play your MTS files with sound, so HD Link will be able to work with it.
Old December 7th, 2008, 08:47 AM   #287
Regular Crew

Thanks Richard

Nice clean explanation - now everything working fine. phew...
Deniz Ahmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 09:00 AM   #288
Tourist

This is a question I have often asked myself as well. Does anyone else have any experience with it?
John Smits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 08:51 AM   #289
Major Player

Can HDlink do batch exporting?

I would like to export multiple ts files at one setup. Not clear if this can be done.

Thanks

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM   #290
Major Player

If you mean convert multiple files into CineForm AVIs, then yes - that is HD Link's primary purpose.
Old December 21st, 2008, 11:34 AM   #291
Major Player

What I meant is I have 3 large TS files on my hard drive that I want to export back to my Sony HDV deck to archieve. So far, I have to go down to my computer when each one completes, delete the one I just did, and start again on the next one. Would be nice to have them all selected, and then come back in 4 hours and they would all be on tape.

Dave
Old December 21st, 2008, 01:24 PM   #292
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Do you have a 4 hour HDV tape? HDLink will playback a sequence of M2T files, however there is often a glitch between each clip on the tape, so have extra black rendered on the begining and ends of each clip.
Old December 21st, 2008, 01:43 PM   #293
Major Player

Yep, 4hr 40 min HDV tape I am putting multiple TS files on. I do not have headers and trailers. :o( Just about done filling the tape. What I have been trying to get to work is after done writing the tape, is to read the entire tape w/o errors. Shall see if a few hours.

Dave
Old December 22nd, 2008, 01:32 PM   #294
Major Player

Scene detection and HDlink

Okay, still trying to output M2T files to my sony deck to tape, and then read back with HDlink, get it to scene detect each M2T file I put on the tape, and not have errors. :o(

So, on top of continuing to learn new stuff, having to redue my m2t videos, since I did not put the recommended black headers on the video. Oh well, I see it is there in the fine print.

So here is the question. What is HDlink triggering on for scene detect, and how do I make sure when I output to tape, HDlink will split correctly? When I just did this, exporting 3 m2t files to tape with HDlink, when I used HDlink to read these 3 files I put onto tape back in, it did not scene detect each file. Instead it made one big file, and the audio was messed up with the video at each file change.

So, I am now adding some black header and footers to my file and making new m2t file outputs. But, after I use HDlink to export the first file to tape, what do I need to do in order for HDlink to see the next file as a scene detection and make into the next file when I read these back? Do I need to reset something on the Sony deck with the TC? Do I need to set an option with HDlink? Hope this question makes sense, since I do not know what HDlink triggers off of. I assume this same trigger will work is I read the tape with HDVsplit?

Thanks

Dave
Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM   #295
Major Player

HDlink, export, data code

Okay, I think the scene detect triggers with a change of the data code (time and date).
So, I just looked at a file I exported with HDlink, and it looks like the data code is blank. Guess this would cause scene detect to not work. So, is there a way to have HDlink set the data code as it is exporting to tape?

Thanks

Dave
Old December 22nd, 2008, 04:22 PM   #296
CTO, CineForm Inc.

As we no long produce M2T files, you should look with tools like TMPGEnc to see if they do that.
Old December 25th, 2008, 11:13 AM   #297
Tourist

HDLink Conversion Problems

I'm runnning the latest version of Aspect HD and HDlink and I'm trying to convert some
Hello All

1280x720 MS-YUV encoded avi to Cineform HD via HDLink. The problem is that some of the converted Cineform avi files are having extreme playback and audio sync problems.

The video on the converted avi files will play back way too fast while the audio is playing back at normal speed, then about half way through or so the video will stop on a frame while the audio continues playing underneath the still/stuck frame for remainder of the duration.

I'm on a Hyperthreading 3.4Ghz P4 2GB Ram

In the HDLink prefs, no rate change or resizing is being applied, and I am encoding them to Medium quality. Progressive is selected for the frame format.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank You
Julian Ogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2008, 02:34 PM   #298
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Likely the source file/decoder is reporting the wrong frame rate to HDLink. Use this tool Free-Codecs.com : Download AVI Frame Rate Changer 1.10 : AVI Frame Rate changer allows you to modify the frame rate of a pre-rendered AVI File to restore the CineForm AVI frame rate to see if it plays correctly. If it does you have a simple workaround. To really see what is happening you will need to send a sample clip to support (file a support ticket.) Use yousendit.com for clips up to 100MB.
Old December 25th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #299
Tourist

HDLink Conversion Problem

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately the suggested program was to no avail.

Do you have any other suggestions? I am unable to send a sample of the footage due to an NDA pretaining to the project.
Julian Ogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2008, 10:27 PM   #300
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No more suggestions until you explain what "no avail" means. Did the tool not change the frame rate, crash, do something else? Do you know what the frame currently is? What it is a supposed to be? If the tool didn't work try another, AVIFrate, there are dozens of them.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase