HDLink -- various questions - Page 22 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 26th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #316
Major Player

Odd HDLink split scene capture prob

We have captured for a long time with HDLink (CFHD) and usually have no real probs with the stable versions. Now, we just came against a strange scenerio that maybe David could explain.

We sync'd two Sony V1's with freerun timecode going, to make our production lives a bit easier. When we try to capture with "scene detect" turned on, it goes nuts and only records the last few secs of the 2-3 min captures!

This happens for all the scenes...

Suggestions (other than capturing manually...)?
UPDATE: we can capture with timecode in Premiere under CS3 this way, but not in HDLink. Can't remember if this is normal? If so, why would it be "normal"? Is this another Adobe roadblock to CF?

Also, "scene detect" apparently works under CS3 in Premiere, but not in HDLink with freerun timecode. Very odd.
Old March 26th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #317
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Question for support.
Old May 6th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #318
Regular Crew

If only I could get HDlink working things would be fine in every aspect - or should I say prospect. But since upgrading from AHD to PHD I lost HDlink. Starting hdlink.exe only activates the capture log window. I was hoping that phd v4(beta) would be the solution to my issue - but no. My AE cs3 / cs4 and ppro cs3 has been installed over and over again - as PHD 3.4.9 and 4.0.1. Obviously there must be something wrong with my setup as HDlink 4.0.1 seems to work fine (not really tested but the GUI is there !) on one of my laptops but NOT on the editing machine. Question ; is it possible to have two separate installations of HDlink (different machines) on the same registration code. Or stated another way - is HDlink dependent on a registration in order to work more than the 15d trial period.
Idar Lettrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #319
Regular Crew

Bingo!

TECH SUPPORT AT CF sent me patch for HDlink_registry_values & everything works well. I'm impressed. And still wondering how this "error" came to arise in the first place.
Anyway - great support. Just to let you know ;)
Idar Lettrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #320
Regular Crew

FYI, all the Vista + HDV capture problems we were seeing internally disappeared with the Vista SP1 update.

I have an HV20 personally, and Jake has an HV30. Both of us are able to capture with HDLink in Vista... and do so regularly. The Sony HVR-V1U hasn't really ever had problems, and continues to work well.

If you haven't done the SP1 upgrade yet, please try it!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase