NeoHD/4K/3D v5.0 public betas now available - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 8th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Within v5 FirstLight, is it possible to fine tune the positioning of overlays (notes)?

Wonderfully powerful tool with this FirstLight release.
David H. Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:11 PM   #32
Major Player

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking ... but, if you are trying to position any of the "burn-in" passive metadata information beyond what you can do with the justification matrix (the square control with slashes, backslashes, etc.), your only other options are altering the overlay region size, playing with the font size or adding spaces to the beginning of the string, using the C printf format:

CineForm Insider: Displaying Metadata

printf - C++ Reference

Else, wait for one the Cineform employees to respond. They might have a trick or two to contribute.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #33
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Armour View Post
David, how will this impact current users of Prospect HD with current projects already running in CS3 and CS4?

If we unload Prospect, then load the Neo4K beta, what should be expect with those projects?

Just being cautious with existing projects...
Stephen
I've opened a couple of CF CS4 projects in CS5/Neo5.
After clicking on the project file to open:
1) CS5 will alert you that it is converting the project to a CS5 project
2) After conversion it opens with a new incremental name "OLD PROJECT-1". The original CS3/4 project file is left untouched.
3) You may get the message that it is opening the CF project in "desktop mode", in which case you will see yellow render line.
4) BUT, everything looks and play correctly. Previewing is excellent in the small monitor window, or "tilda keyed" up to full screen size, plus HDMI out to full screen HDTV along with it.
I currently have a project that I started in CS4 that I'll now finish in CS5.
I know it's nearly impossible to believe, but it all just... works. It all actually seems to work like it's supposed to. In my entire experience with NLEs, I've never seen this happen... just install it and it works.
Truely astonishing!!!
I haven't tried to open a CS4 project while running Neo5- I've actually uninstalled the entire CS4 suite.
No looking back!!
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Brant,

We while need you to send a sample clip to support, as that failure suggests the new CS5 importer can't load your clips.
David, I submitted a ticket with a link to the download files. My ticket # is 611-8307634.
Brant Gajda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bloomfield View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking ... but, if you are trying to position any of the "burn-in" passive metadata information beyond what you can do with the justification matrix (the square control with slashes, backslashes, etc.), your only other options are altering the overlay region size, playing with the font size or adding spaces to the beginning of the string, using the C printf format:

CineForm Insider: Displaying Metadata

printf - C++ Reference

Else, wait for one the Cineform employees to respond. They might have a trick or two to contribute.
Thank you Jay. That is exactly what I am trying to do - position the burn in information more precisely. I'll try the overlay region size - good thought.
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:49 AM   #36
Major Player

Overlay positioning

Regarding positioning of overlays, here is where documentation will be helpful (which we don't have yet). If you choose the center matrix position as the placement for any overlay field, you can then grab the overlay in the preview window with your mouse and move it to any position. The center placement button is the only one of the 9 that gives you this capability.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #37
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Young View Post
Stephen
I've opened a couple of CF CS4 projects in CS5/Neo5.
After clicking on the project file to open:
1) CS5 will alert you that it is converting the project to a CS5 project
2) After conversion it opens with a new incremental name "OLD PROJECT-1". The original CS3/4 project file is left untouched.
3) You may get the message that it is opening the CF project in "desktop mode", in which case you will see yellow render line.
4) BUT, everything looks and play correctly. Previewing is excellent in the small monitor window, or "tilda keyed" up to full screen size, plus HDMI out to full screen HDTV along with it.
I currently have a project that I started in CS4 that I'll now finish in CS5.
I know it's nearly impossible to believe, but it all just... works. It all actually seems to work like it's supposed to. In my entire experience with NLEs, I've never seen this happen... just install it and it works.
Truely astonishing!!!
I haven't tried to open a CS4 project while running Neo5- I've actually uninstalled the entire CS4 suite.
No looking back!!
How thou doth tempte me backe to ye olde bleeding edge...
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #38
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
Regarding positioning of overlays, here is where documentation will be helpful (which we don't have yet). If you choose the center matrix position as the placement for any overlay field, you can then grab the overlay in the preview window with your mouse and move it to any position. The center placement button is the only one of the 9 that gives you this capability.
Perfect. Thank you David. Could prove very useful.
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
Just gave this a try (positioning an overlay/title with the mouse) and wanted to report that it worked beautifully.
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Armour View Post
How thou doth tempte me backe to ye olde bleeding edge...
I know we're still waiting on the heavy-set lady (to badly mix metaphors) but we seem to be scabbing over here a bit already.
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #41
Major Player

It looks that by default CS3 cineform projects are opened in desktop mode in cs5? is there a way to open a CS3 project in a Cineform preset, maybe I am missing something?
Rich Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #42
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David H. Wilson View Post
I know we're still waiting on the heavy-set lady (to badly mix metaphors) but we seem to be scabbing over here a bit already.
Even the scabs are almost gone,

...but the trauma, oh the trauma...

...makes my hands tremble when I start to click on "download".
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #43
Major Player

Please tell me I'm doing something wrong. I have exported 15 seconds of video and played it back inside windows media player and I'm getting this fuzzy line on the left handside.

See attached picture, project is a Cineform HDV 1440*1080i 50

I've uninstalled Neo V5 and installed 4.3 and the line isnt there.

Please tell me its a bug and I'm not going mad?
Attached Thumbnails
NeoHD/4K/3D v5.0 public betas now available-line.jpg  
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #44
Major Player

Doesn't look fuzzy to me, it looks like two layers of video, with one off center...
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #45
Major Player

Now I'm sure of it. It's wrapped the right side back to the left, and is clearly the exact two or three pixels of the right side superimposed.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase