Flash XDR Next Firmware Release? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old September 28th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #46
Inner Circle

Dear Mark,

The "Missing Timecode" warning message should not display during playback.

It is a quirk, and an accident.

We will remove it from playback as soon as we can.

I will look into the script size on the Flash XDR display.

To change this we will have to manually redesign all of the characters.
Old September 28th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #47
Trustee

Display Character Size

Hi Dan:
OK. Understood. I hope I wasn't asking for too big a change. Sometimes you request something not having any real idea how big a deal it is the programming to change. I like the script font and layout style Convergent Design is using for the menu system on the XDR. I hope you folks can make it a little larger. I love the hour glass thingy used to indicate the XDR is Recording. If you could make that 3 sizes bigger, then it would be wonderful. I know that's probably a picky thing on my part.

There was a playback thing as well, which CD may have already fixed in this upcoming release. (??) Sometimes (Not always), when I hit play, I always get the picture, but I don't always get the sound. Sometimes I get the sound as well, but it's screeching and popping at me. Other times when I press Play I get both picture and perfect audio, and this audio will play perfectly through all four cards until the last file is reached. ??????? I have a theory about this, but since I am not a CD technician I do not know if I am correct. The playback from the XDR anomaly may have something to do with how the XDR reads and writes the data to the CF media, but I do not know if this is so. You had written in an earlier post some weeks back about changing the Nano Flash code in the way it reads and writes data to the CF cards. Perhaps this issue may have resolved itself if you have included this new code in the port over to the next XDR firmware release ??
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #48
Major Player

New firmware tomorrow!
Aaron Newsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #49
Trustee

XDR Firmware

Hi Aaron:
Maybe not ? Tommy found some anomalies in the code at the last minute, so it maybe held back until they can double check a few things. Personally, I don't really mind at this point, because it's been so long that another week or two while they fix and check stuff will not make much difference. I would rather they took the extra time if they really need to and iron out any kinks Tommy may have discovered in Quality Control.
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #50
Inner Circle

Dear Aaron,

As much as we would like to release the firmware tomorrow, we found some problems in our testing.

These are some very basic things that we have done since day one, and we should be able to fix them, we just need some extra time.

This is a major release and we have incorporated many new features so I hope everyone will be understanding.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey