Questions from GH1 owner, potential ClipWrap user. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
The official support forums for divergent media's ScopeBox (video monitoring and recorder) and ClipWrap (m2t to .mov re-wrap).

Old February 24th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #1
New Boot

Questions from GH1 owner, potential ClipWrap user.

I have been trying the ClipWrap demo and have a few questions.

First, the FAQ states that the GH1 is not supported, yet it seems to re-wrap the files successfully. So what is the issue with GH1 footage?

Second (and maybe in relation to the first), the files of my re-wrapped clips are significantly larger than the original MTS e.g. a 58.3mb MTS to a 73.8mb mov. Shouldn't a re-wrapped (non-transcoded) file be almost identical in size?

Thanks for the help.
Joshua Lund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #2
divergent media

Joshua,

While we haven't directly addressed anything that would make this work... it does appear some combination of apple quicktime updates and other clipwrap bug fixes have put us much closer than before to full GH1 support. We are looking at the clips we've received over the last year from customers, and making sure we have full support before we announce anything definitive.

Thanks,
mike
Mike Woodworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #3
divergent media

To answer your second question, we rewrap the video frames, but audio is transcoded to better work with editing applications. That is the file size discrepancy you're seeing.

-mike
Mike Woodworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks for the replies, they both make sense (which is always nice!).
Would I be doing myself a disservice transcoding GH1 files with the current state of affairs? Are there some greater underlying issues? I suppose I should just play around with it a bit more and see if I run into anything strange. Thanks again.

Last edited by Joshua Lund; February 25th, 2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Joshua Lund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #5
divergent media

If the files work and there are no errors, then they're fine to use. You wouldn't be doing yourself a disservice, you'd just be helping us find any errors that may still exist so we can squash them sooner.

It's up to you if that seems like a worthwhile use of your time, or if you'd rather leave the testing to us, and we'll let you know when we're relatively sure it's working.

-mike
Mike Woodworth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap