Hague Igus slider at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Major Player

Hague Igus slider

Has anyone used one of these? sliders_linear_rail_systems

I'd like to buy a slider but I don't know if this is a good deal. It would be good to buy from a UK manufacturer if the product is any good.
Matt Bigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Hague Igus slider

Matt,

I've no experience of the Hague unit, but if you want to buy local, then Glidetrack is a Scottish company - www.glidetrack.com. Just another one to consider.

I have a Glidetrack SD for my Sony NX70 and Canon 600d, and it's great for the money. If I were buying again, I'd go for the new model with the roller bearings on the carriage instead of the nylon runners.
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Haven't used that particular item, but do have a heap of Hague gear.

It's all manufactured to incredibly high standards and very solid.

From reading the write up for the slider it would appear they have continued to keep the quality as high as ever, seems like a good buy.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I actually bought a track and the sled directly from IGUS here in the states, and put together my own. and it seems to work well.
Old May 12th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the information - I'll also have a look at Glidetrack.

Matt
Matt Bigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #6
Major Player

Matt,

I have a Hague steadycam and as a company they are fine. Firmly in the 'you get what you pay for' category. It is out and out budget.

As for the slider. It is an IGUS rail and carriage. What this means is that the sliding system parts were bought from a manufacturer called IGUS. There are various sellers selling Igus rail sliders and slapping their own name on it.

They basically add on stoppers at the ends and feet.

IGUS realised what their product was being used for and started selling it direct.

Google their website or look up IGUS slider on Amazon.

There are countless DIY videos online about how to make feet and 'finish off' the slider. It will be cheaper than buying it from Hague or ZaZa slider etc... if you are prepared to do a small bit of DIY!

Also, somebody mentioned Glidetrack! Glidetrack use the IGUS rails too, and just have a higher mark up in price. (although it might be 'finished' better).

From what I've heard, Konova (not an IGUS rail) is a better slider, and is priced somewhere in between Hague and Glidetrack.

Its the one I'm probably going to go for.
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #7
Major Player

This is an excellent video for anyone looking at sliders that are based on the IGUS rails system!

Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #8
Major Player

I've had a Glidetrack for years that has now been upgraded to the new roller system and is great. I use the Hague motorised unit with the slider and it works very well. Hague is a very good company as is Glidetrack.
Bruce Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #9
Major Player

The Igus rail is more than adequate for use as a slider, most of the early commercial sliders were based on the Igus rail system. For the limited use a piece of equipment like this gets, why pay hundreds. I built my Igus slider, complete with tripod plate, and heavy duty ball head for about £120, it does just the same job as something costing 4 times as much. Make sure you get the correct width rail for the weight of your gear.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable