DVC #6 Chris Barcellos Tell Me: Why My Movie About The Sun Stinks - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!

Old August 21st, 2006, 10:21 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Holodak
Great job Chris. It really made me smile. I lost what you were saying a couple of times under the music, but that's the only thing I can find to be "constructive" about. It was really fun and a great save considering the early writer's block.

Smile,
Kris
I agree. I needed to clean that up a bit in a couple of places. If the sound is up enough, it comes through okay, though.
Old August 21st, 2006, 10:26 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Fossenkemper
I really liked the dream she had where she was on the moon but had to get off with her belt because the sun was coming up. hahaha
I ve been trying to figure that one out still. I do recall that at the beginning of some movies they have a boy sitting on a crescent moon, with a fishing pole, and I just wonder if that is what she meant by being on the moon. There is actually a lot more diaglogue with her when I was shooting trying to figure out her dream. Our little Kenzie is so definite about what she knows and remembers...
Old August 22nd, 2006, 05:42 PM   #18
Major Player

Chris,

Great docu-short. But Grand-kids??? If I remember you correctly, you look to be my age (50 next month), way too young to be having Grandkids that can talk! Crap, I've got a two year old at home and my wife still wants one more.

I am SO jealous!

Whew... I loved the humor about the making of the movie. The sun as a painter would have been less satisfying if it didn't have the cute children.

Dick
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 05:48 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mays
Chris,

The sun as a painter would have been less satisfying if it didn't have the cute children.

Dick
Thanks Dick.

Yeap, the painter would have been boring for 3 minutes. Just had fun with this one. I am 56, and the grandkids are a bit testing some days, but they love to get in front of the camera. Of course its always been there, so they take it kind of normal at this point.

Gawd, couldn't imagine dealing with a 2 year old every day, at this point.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!