The Production Lounge - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...

Old January 9th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #76
Regular Crew

Excellent Henry. Your penchant for twisted stories should paint something special for us.

So what do we do now? Apart from chugging back a scotch and waiting for the deadline, that is. With only a couple of completed videos to look at, I guess there's no staggered "release"... They'll all be up tomorrow, Lorinda?
Marc Burleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #77
Major Player

yeah, sorry Marc. Even by my standards this one's twisted ;)

I've had a couple of light ales and am spending tomorrow doing my tax returns and trying to work out how I can afford a couple of softboxes, a shockmount, lavalier mic, field monitor, a 35mm 1.8 and a tascam dr100. Fun times!
Henry Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #78
Major Player

On a side note, can't wait for the feedback threads. I learned an absolute ton from them last time.
Old January 9th, 2011, 07:11 PM   #79
Wrangler

Well done, guys! Our normal MO is to give one day to make sure we got everyone's videos. Don't know yet if we will release them all at once on Tuesday or spread them over a couple of days--depends on how many we get!

Besides, I just got back from shooting so will be editing like mad all night, plus I have an event in town at 0830 tomorrow, which means a nap later on and...you get the idea. :)
Old January 9th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #80
Major Player

Well done, Lorinda! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:57 AM   #81
Regular Crew

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Trying to upload, but it is taking for ever, that's what I get for moving out to the stix where we can't get real internet. If we could be pardoned for some extra minutes, we'll have it up tonight.
Cole Seidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:59 AM   #82
Wrangler

Ok, it may be a last minute pile o' crap but my entry is in.

First time that I've used Vimeo and the audio came out much lower on the Vimeo version than at home; might have been a 5.1 to stereo conversion issue or something. If it's ok, I may try to render a stereo version to upload and see if that fixes it.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #83
Major Player

Quote:
Ok, it may be a last minute pile o' crap but my entry is in.
I second that in relation to my own entry. :)
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:24 AM   #84
Wrangler

Not to worry, Cole. We always leave room for technical problems. :)

Way to go, Pete!!! It's been awhile but, by golly, you did it. And in style, too! Go right ahead with the audio fix--as I told Cole...
Old January 10th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #85
Major Player

Dang it, I couldn't finish in time, started too late. Got some great exterior shots, built a set indoors with a green screen background, couldn't get an actor so did the shots myself, then my computer got hacked and I've spent the past few days trying to straighten it out. Probably for the best since I'm a terrible actor.
Looking forward to seeing the films !
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge