DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 21st, 2006, 07:25 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Huntington
"...and I already did uncheck the box that says "Create new clip on Start/Stop".. but its still happening."

Oh, and Michael...
If your capture settings are not listening to you, take your FCP User Data folder out of the user/library/preferences folder and drag it to your desktop. Then try things out. If that fixes this, then your prefs got corrupted. If it doesn't help, drag the folder back and replace the new one and try something else. I do this once in a while when weird things happen.
YESYESTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!! IT worked.. I got clean audio + no dropped frames when importing using hdv-108024p! I was right.. you do RULE!

Question though: why won't it allow me do to a dv start/stop detect?
Attached Thumbnails
XH-A1 not recognized in FCP 5.1.2-picture-32.png  
Old December 21st, 2006, 05:49 AM   #17
Regular Crew

1080p24 or p25 (PAL) not recognized from FCP 5.0.4

I captured footage recorded with th XH A1 at 1080/50i and then also at 25F and found the way to edit in FCP 5.0.4 using HDV 1080/50i both shots.
This happened on a G5 PowerPC, without rendering.
I captured the same footage on a MacBookPro Intel, using FCP 5.1.2 and found the option to use HDV 25p preset, as I was reading here in these notes, and worked great.
When I brought that final movies in the PowerPC they did not recognized from FCP 5.0.4 but also from no other application and was impossible to see them.
I tried to copy the codec that I saw on FCP 5.1.2, missing on FCP 5.0.4 and that were inside the Custom Settings -> "HDV - 1080i50 FireWire Basic.fcpre" and "HDV - 1080i60 FireWire Basic.fcpre" plus more about XDCAM HD etc, but they did not give the possibility to let the movies play...

So if I use FCP 5.1.2 with 25p it won't be usable in FCP 5.0.4??

Am a little bit confused...

Ciao.
Old December 29th, 2006, 10:01 AM   #18
New Boot

I can't find the HDV - 1080p24 setting. All I see is the HDV, and HDV-Apple Intermediate Codec. The DVCPRO HD codecs have the advanced pulldown feature for 24f, but they don't capture correctly with the Canon HX AI.

I'd like to edit in 24f without rendering. Any ideas, guys?
Janiel Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #19
Regular Crew

1080p24 or p25 (PAL) not recognized from FCP 5.0.4

I mean the sequence..
if you create a project in HDV then you can choose a sequence and you'll find it there..

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite