Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 13th, 2007, 03:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP Export Problem - Clip is Skipping

Hey all, small, but deadly problem:

I have a 3 minute short I'm attempting to export from FCP. The original is in 24P (from a canon xh-a1) and I'm using Quicktime Conversion to export it. The problem is that the beginning of the clip (after the short title) is skipping a few times, much like an old record player that repeats a few notes over.

It only does it for the first 20 seconds or so, out of the 3 minutes, so I'm not sure what's going on. It plays perfectly in the time line, but 3 different exports (two .movs and a mpeg4 at different sizes) all produced the same error in the same spots. I tried moving the clip around up a track on the time line, which had the effect of changing when and how often it skipped, but again only in the same general time frame. I'm at a complete loss as to why it would have a problem in the first place, let alone this section.

Any thoughts?

(Btw, I'm using FCP 5.1.2 and I would use Compressor, but I'm experiencing that "cannot connect to source" error AGAIN, so I'm just going to wait a little bit to get that sorted)
Byron Huskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 09:30 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Well, I'm not sure what was going on, but I fixed Compressor an used that, and the clip no longer skips!
Byron Huskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:18 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Next time try exporting to a QuickTime File first. Then export from Quicktime Pro.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite