Is Flash still the most popular format for web video? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 4th, 2008, 03:01 PM   #16
Major Player

Well if you are on a Mac another option to look at is Compressor I think. But either way it is more or less the same on all platforms, what I do on windows is Export it in highest quality possible from my editing app. I then import into Squeeze and then pick what ever compressions are needed and hit the Squeeze button and sit back as it crunches the data.
Old April 4th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I'm on a Mac and that's right. Compressor comes bundled with Final Cut Studio and does an excellent job. You can also create custom presets once you finish tweaking.
Patrick Byers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 07:52 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Byers View Post
I'm on a Mac and that's right. Compressor comes bundled with Final Cut Studio and does an excellent job. You can also create custom presets once you finish tweaking.
I tried compressor but it spits out images that aren't 16x9. What would you suggest? Also please take a look at this video clip I did it with sorenson squeeze. Not sure how it looks on other computers. www.humanjukebox.tv
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #19
Regular Crew

I've tried using compressor again without any results. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Conner View Post
I tried compressor but it spits out images that aren't 16x9. What would you suggest? Also please take a look at this video clip I did it with sorenson squeeze. Not sure how it looks on other computers. www.humanjukebox.tv
The Squeeze version looked pretty good to me. As for compressor I dont know it but my guess is you need to look in the "advanced settings" or what ever they call it and set it to 16:9. It is probably set to 4:3
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek View Post
The Squeeze version looked pretty good to me. As for compressor I dont know it but my guess is you need to look in the "advanced settings" or what ever they call it and set it to 16:9. It is probably set to 4:3
Thanks. I'll check it as soon as I have a chance.
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #22
Major Player

Also make sure that the resolution of the profile you are using is actually 16:9

Easy way to pick a resolution is pick your width, say 400 and then multiply by 9 and then divide the result by 16. This gives you 225, the Hight ratio, so you would use 400 by 225 for the pixels :)
Old June 1st, 2008, 04:51 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Hey I know this is a slightly outdated thread but I had one question:

I agree everybody's h.264 encoded videos look great, but when I use Compressor to export my HDV project in h.264 format, all the text is mis-shaped and skewed. I know what I'm doing when it comes to exporting, I'm not sure what the issue is.. does anybody have a guess? Thank you!!!

Christian
Christian Nachtrieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM   #24
Major Player

Make sure you have the correct pixel aspect ratio selected when exporting/compressing. HDV is 1.33 aspect. If you use the wrong setting it can throw things off a bit.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video