Best site for uploading video? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 6th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Yours is much less cluttered. I kept having to reframe because of major height differential between lowest and highest explosions. I know some fireworks aficionados would prefer clean (no buildings in background).

I posted my settings on Vimeo, You should too. It'll help folks looking to shoot fireworks.
Yours look very good on Vimeo. I wonder if you could also post on ExposureRoom. That might give us a double comparison for upload sites.

It is possible to "shot for compression" and while Cinegamma 4 with -3db gain looks great for fireworks I'm wondering if the stretched blacks of CG4 opens the door to the artifacts that are more apparent on ExposureRoom. Who know if either Vimeo or ExposureRoom are doing preprocessing on encodes. That can have an impact on picking the "best site."

That's why I'd like to know your settings and see an ExposureRoom comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Newcomb View Post
No battle here. The display I posted was a test of the EX3, which with yours should give reassurance to those who worry about rolling shutter and fireworks. I didn't see any in either sample.

Our little display is put on by a volunteer fire department in a Rocky Mountain town (elevation 8,000') of 5,000 people.

The one you shot in NYC is very impressive... probably cost more than our entire county's annual budget.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #32
Major Player

My settings are whatever the ones are in Doug Jensen's recommended Picture Profile... with 1/60th shutter, -3db gain, no ND, 1080p 30fps, 56k WB, iris at 1.9. I rendered to mpg4 in Sony Vegas and to h264 in Compressor, via FCS. I forget which I posted, but they were both identical. I do recall I had to render to 29.97 fps, rather than leaving it at 30fps, because I got some pixelation when I didn't (I know... you'd think it would be the other way around).
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #33
Inner Circle

So my camera settings are similar to yours. I encoded to H.264 at 2100kbps for Vimeo and 5000kbps for ExposureRoom.

If you can upload yours to Exposure that would be a good comparison since we shot with similar camera settings but it does seem that Vimeo's HD encode is better than ExposureRoom's IMHO.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #34
Major Player

Yea your guys stuff always looks so clean and sharp on vimeo and youtube and so forth. Mine will have more artifacts and be twice the filesize..LOL

Amazes and disgusts me all at once, we have the same friggen camera!. :)
Old July 8th, 2009, 07:40 PM   #35
Regular Crew

my best quality on youtube

This is from a sony hc-5 with the camera mic, edited with final cut, no deinterlace.
Theres a frame drop in the middle of the clip, don't drop when camera is connect to tv,
but drop when logging in computer
my file(quicktime h264 was 1.95 gig) the upload took 8 hours(on wifi)
I never use compressor but export using quicktime conversion at 1280x720

Since a few weeks youtube let you upload 2 gig files but not more than 10 minutes.

P.s: when you upload big files on youtube, disable the progress bar.

YouTube - jp soars:gangster of love with cigar box guitar! festival jazz montreal. blues en HD fijm
Martin Labelle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video