i have UPGRADE my DR-HD100 40G TO 80G - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old December 9th, 2007, 09:26 AM   #16
Major Player

In fact it limits the partition to 127Gb, and adds another partition for the rest of the drive. I use this second partition to copy files which I want to keep. Like I always have my demo-reels in my drive with me on a job without taking harddrive space on my laptop.
Focus made a nice piece of equipment!
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 09:59 PM   #17
Major Player

Can someone post the model of 120G HD they used for this upgrade? I've seen various reports from users using IDE or SATA drives. I'd love to know, specifically, which type this unit uses.

Thanks.
Old March 20th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #18
Regular Crew

IDE PATA type. I just put a 120Gb Western Digital one in mine.
Ian Broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #19
New Boot

I used a Segate 100Gb...it only draws 0.48 amps. With the stock battery I recorded for 1hr 45min and then it indicated low battery, I let it go a few more minutes and then decided to power it off so it wouldn't die while I was in recording mode. How much recording time (for battery) did we get before upgrading the hard drive, I wish I did the same test with my original hard drive in. Now I need a battery solution.....
Rob Kraneveldt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore