DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Focus Enhancements FireStore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/)
-   -   Various Firestore questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/17263-various-firestore-questions.html)

Andrew Kimery February 7th, 2007 09:53 AM

Any issuses with FS-4ProHD + V1U + FCP?

My company is looking to purchase a Sony V1U and FS-4ProHD to use in the field but we wanted to make sure that the V1U and FS-ProHD "play nice" together and that the files created on the FS-4ProHD can be immediately worked w/in FCP 5 w/o any additional rendering, transcoding, converting, or anything like that.

I went to Focus Enhancements site and read,

"With the FS-4Pro HD v2.0 firmware update, you can record 1080i-50/60 and 720p/30 clips in the native QT HDV file format. QT HDV clips can be imported directly into Apple Final Cut Pro without the need for capture or conversion first."

Which sounds like exactly what we want, but I just wanted to double check that I didn't misread something and that everything works as advertised.

Thanks,
-A

Reed Gidez March 22nd, 2007 08:56 PM

Z1U and FS-4 Tapless Together?

Posted also on the camera side. Have new FS-4Pro HD and some instructions from Focus tech support on tapeless operation but I cannot for the life of me get the camera to record without tape. Tech support suggested the following for the camera settings:

1) Power Camera ON.
2) Press your Menu button.
3) Look for the "IEEE".
4) Set it to " Off ".
5) EXIT the menu.
6) CONNECT the other end of the FIREWIRE to the CAMERA.
**Camera is now SET UP.
7) Press RECORD on your camera. The FireStore's timecode should be running.

Where is the IEEE Off option? I know that iLink and IEEE are the same but I can' find any iLink off option. Need this for an extended shoot tomorrow.

Thanks

Joe Matyas April 16th, 2007 10:27 AM

The Power Bag Junior is on sale!

For a limited time, Power Bag Junior is on sale. Hundreds of these portable power supplies for the FS-4/100 family of DTE recorders is being used by videographers in France, Germany, England, Ireland, and Canada as well as the United States.

For more info or to order: http://www.powerbagjunior.com

Steve Benner April 16th, 2007 02:24 PM

DR-HD100 24P .MOV Problem (ATTN Matt McEwen)

Hey Matt,

I was just wondering if Focus was working on the problem with the Quicktime HDV from the HD100 where random files simply do not open. I haven't head anything in a while and was wondering if an update was coming.

Matt Vanecek April 21st, 2007 10:28 PM

FS-4 & Sony V1 tapeless--anybody doing it?

I'm trying to get my FS-4 (sd, v1.1) to be controlled by the Sony V1U. Sony's manual says it can control external devices. I'm hoping "external devices" is not limited to Sony products...

I've tried sync, tapeless, and a couple different settings on the Sony V1 to no avail. I'm not sure if this is a problem with Sony or with the FS-4, or if my FS-4 needs the HD upgrade to work (it's in the mail, I'm told).

Anybody tried this? I don't really want to spring for the Sony HDR-60 when I have a perfectly good FS-4 on hand...

Thanks,
Matt

Jeff Rhode May 1st, 2007 01:53 PM

Firestore FS-4 Pro upgrade to HD

I wanted some input fi anyone has experience with this. We are looking to upgrade an FS-4 Pro to HD to be used with a Sony Z1 and V1. We use macs and final cut pro for editing. Are there any issues that I should know about before going into this, like file compatibility or something ? I don't want to make a mistake and find that the time saved using DTE is lost rendering files that are not 100% compatible, such as with the Sony drives.

Thanks for your input !

Gavin Halpin May 4th, 2007 04:09 AM

firestore avid compatability

Hi there,

need to know about the workflow or any potential problems with regards to

- firestore solid state recording on hdv camera

- avid compatability

- tech specs for recording hd material on a firestore using a canon xl h1 hdv camera

- any potential work arounds

cheers,

gav

Dave Beaty May 10th, 2007 05:20 AM

DR-HD100 Timecode and TC on tape prob

The other day I began posting a project with both tape and DTE footage. As I began working with the script, I noticed the timecode was not accurate on the DTE clips. We had logged the shoot with the tapes before the session.
I had used the default HDV timecode settings on the unit. The TC was WAY off not just a few frames or anything.

Should I change the HDV timecode type and does the display on the LCD matter as to what's recorded?

Thanks

I recently upgraded all our DR-HD100's, so this may be fixed with the latest...

Nathan Quattrini May 19th, 2007 05:07 PM

FS-C line can`t record tapeless with the Canon?!

This seems highly absurd, but I was told I need an FS-4pro HD in order to use the Canon A1's record button to record tapeless. Why would they design the Canon line to not function with the Canon, and the other line to work with the Canon? I know the Canon one is designed to fix the HD quicktime issues which you can`t have with the FS-4 pro HD. What the hell are they doing?! I thought I made the better decision going with the FS-C, but not having the abiliy to use the camera's record button to record tapeless is a huge hassle. Please tell me I`m wrong?

*edit*
after a mild heart attack I found the answer by going through every single menu and submenu until I found the option. Its enabling DV control. *whew* I was mis-informed thank god.

Michael Tate Jones May 23rd, 2007 10:17 AM

FS-100 & Final Cut Pro 6

Does anyone know if the FS-100 will be compatible with FCP 6s new tapeless ingest tool?

Javier Tabares May 24th, 2007 01:52 PM

When support 720 50p quicktime for hd200 series?

When support 720 50p quicktime for hd200 series?? now final cut pro 6 support variable frame rate. i can put in the timeline dv, hdv, hd, and any frame rate in real time but DR-HD100 only grab 720 50p in m2t.

Keith Kube May 24th, 2007 08:56 PM

FS-3 V-mount plate

Does anyone know what V-mount is used on the FS-3, I have an FS-3 with an Anton Bauer mount on it and would like to change the mount to the camera. The camera is a DSR-250 with a V-mount to anton bauer adapter. It seems it would be stronger with the V-mount, and cut down on how far it sticks out.
Thanks

Jason Trochesset May 26th, 2007 04:01 PM

help me, I'm not savvy

I have a Canon XL2

I edit with Final Cut Pro 5

I want a direct to disk, able to mount on my camera.

I will likely shoot in the 24p mode.

I want the largest storage space, longest battery life harddrive, under $2,ooo dollars. Can anyone help me? I've looked at the Firestore devices, but they have several different kind, Fs-3, Fs-4, Hd, what works for me? Any other brands? It seems that there are a lot of complaints about several different brands out there, is this mainly people like myself doing simple things wrong, or are there genuine issues concerning these devices?

I appreciate any help guys. I stumbled across this board a few weeks ago, and was relieved that there is such a commnunity of so many knowledgable people doing the things that I want to do in the near future. Thanks again, Jason

Philip Fass May 31st, 2007 05:01 AM

simple question! 4 Pro HD vs. C

Is the mounting hardware the only diff between the "4 Pro HD" and the "C"?

I've been told that for a Canon (which I have) the "C" seems to operate more reliably, even if that's not part of the official spec.

Anyone know??

Shawn Alyasiri June 13th, 2007 03:28 PM

Post P2 Organize - Any problem continuing to shoot?

I've been using the FS100 with P2 recording (mainly DVCPRO50) for about a year now. At the end of the day - I hit P2 organize and bring everything in.

In the event that I've shot a lot of footage and have hit P2 organize (say to preview some in a mobile editor, etc), and then want to continue shooting - I assume that there are no problems/bugs, etc in continuing to shoot with some of the data on the drive 'pre-organized'? I would just keep shooting new content and then hit P2 organize again to bring it all in at the end of the day?

I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't an absolute 'no no' or would be against a suggested flow. I know that files can be finicky, etc.

Just wanted to ask before finding out the hard way.

Thanks.