FireStore Announcements - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old December 2nd, 2007, 04:22 PM   #76
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Burlinson View Post
Can you still capture DV Quicktime (or Avid OMF) when shooting with the JVC 251? I've read that there will be an update soon for the HDV, I'm just abt to buy the Firestore, I don't mind captureing @ DV for the time being, would love HDV as Avid is blind to this format from the JVC's

Thanks
Hi Steven. The current version, as of earlier this year, allows you to capture directly to quicktime 24, 25, 30p. I use one with a clients JVC HD110 this way on a regular basis. The update which is expected very soon (according to JVC) is the ability to do 60p QT capture. This was reliant on Apples release of FCP 60p support, which came out several weeks ago (after being demo'd months before at NAB) Currently frame rates all are supported in native m2f files, but the QT workflow is much faster for FCP and some other editing systems. Avid OMF is not part of the plan. Avid has poor support of HDV in any case. Transcoding or card based capture might have to be part of your workflow with Avid currently.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 12:42 PM   #77
Major Player

use with Sony EX1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McEwen View Post
Hi Brett,

As was answered by Don Berube elsewhere, the FS-4 only records 25Mb/s DV currently.

The drive used in the FS-4 will be a 5400RPM Hitachi TravelStar. We do not recommend changing the drive on FS-4 and it will void the warranty. The main reason is that we cannot guarantee the performance of drives other than the Hitachi TravelStar. We have seen some drives that were less than optimal based on their thermal and shock performance. I expect as capacities increase on the TravelStar line, we will probably add them to the line-up.

Hope that helps,

Matt McEwen
Matt, do you have a product that will work with the Sony EX1?
Thanks, Craig
Craig Hollenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 12:59 PM   #78
Sponsor: divergent media

You should be able to use a normal FS4Pro with the EX1, provided the EX1 is in "Standard Quality" mode, as in that mode it just outputs normal HDV (m2t) data.

In HQ, the EX1 doesn't feed anything out the Firewire port, so you need to use SxS cards.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore