FS-H200 Pro vs. FS-CF Pro? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old July 16th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #16
New Boot

Re: FS-H200 Pro vs. FS-CF Pro?

After reading the manual, I discovered that the proxy file is created after the main file is created. Bummer. But still cool. Although there's no indication how long it takes to create the proxy files. There's a choice between two different settings for the proxy, fast or high quality.

Anyone have experience creating these proxy files? Or connecting to the device wirelessly?
Michael Garrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #17
Major Player

What is the best way to delete files from the CF card?

1) reformat the card in the Firestore device?

2) delete the files in the Firestore device?

3) delete the files using your computer by dragging them to the trash?
Ed Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #18
Photographer

I bought the FS-CF Pro a year ago and have yet to capture a decent quality clip with it. I too bought it to mate up with my XH/A1. Maybe I'm missing something and it's all my fault, but I haven't found it user friendly at all. Yesterday I sat down with it and my A1, resolved to see if I could figure out the interface and have it do what I'd hoped it would when I purchased it.

The preview screen shows 1080i and I've set and reset every parameter I can find. My A1 starts and stops the recording on the FS so I have that set correctly. When I capture a clip on my CF card I see a file with a string of numbers which is a small kb file with the expected terrible resolution, but it will play. There are other files that have the Quicktime icon on them, Like Ed, I get error message that tells me they can't be opened and my media may be corrupted.

What are the settings for the FS and the XH that I need to be entering for compatible interface and readable clips? I was kind of hoping this would be like my Canon 1D MKIV bodies, load a card, shoot clips, download and edit, baddabing-baddaboom. Must have been dreaming.

JW

Last edited by James R. Wilson Sr.; February 4th, 2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
James R. Wilson Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM   #19
New Boot

You need to set the Pro versions (I only have those and not the more expensive Canon ones) to record in the m2t format for HD -I'm using XH-A1 and A1s-
There does seem to be an issue with the proxies as the last two shoots not all clips had corresponding proxies (Michael @ support@fucusinfo.com has been helpful).
BTW both cameras are set to 1080/30 video results are very good.

This last shoot (last night) I had changed the card format to UDF which allows for about 90 minutes in one file as opposed to about 9 minutes when formatted in FAT32 -Warning BIG HONKING files result. I think I'll go back to FAT32 as it will put less strain on system memory (RAM that is).
Hope this helps.

One more thing the scroll wheel thingy is a royal pain in the... animal related to a donkey... and it seems is a variable between units, even though mine have sequential serial numbers one of them the wheel thingy is ok, the other skips all over and takes up a loof t my... good nature...grrrr.

One more one more thing I'm editing on Premier Pro with no import/read issues of the m2t's.

Last edited by Steve Jordan; March 1st, 2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Addition
Steve Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 02:20 PM   #20
Photographer

Dear Steve,

Thank you! I didn't buy the Canon version, mine is the FS-CF Pro. So you think that if I set the m2t format and 1080/30 that I should be able to import my clips into Final Cut without any problems? I'll try it as soon as I get back to my camera. Apparently this is all due to something Apple did in a security update (?) and FE is working on a fix.

JW
Old March 2nd, 2012, 12:37 PM   #21
Photographer

Dear Steve,

I'm sitting here with my XH and the DTE. I have 1080/30 set in the XH menu, do I need to set that in the DTE as well? If so, what's the procedure for that?

Thank you again for your help,

JW
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #22
New Boot

Sorry for not responding sooner, I thought I was subscribed to this thread...

Anyway, as I am using Premiere Pro I'm not entirely sure that the m2t is readable by FC. You'll need to check that.
How I have my FS set, is for HD as the record format and it defaults to m2t with the XH's, the camera is set at 1080 30f. I don't recall a way to set that in the FS.

Do contact FS's tech support, (support@focusinfo.com) they are usually very quick to respond.

If you are having a hard time using the scroll/naviagtion wheel, one of mine is almost impossible to use as it jumps around, there is a fix which means sending it in.
Steve Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 08:34 AM   #23
New Boot

Hello
Has any one in this thread had any trouble getting their canon and the DTE (CF or h200 ) to connect and record HDV?? Got my xha1s to record DV on the fsh200 but cant get it to connect via HDV...
Andy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2017, 07:38 PM   #24
Regular Crew

I am using my fs-h200 with a XLH1 with no problems. Try making sure you are not trying to record progressive frames. Use i and see what happens
LeRoy Gunderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore