Raw DV with Canon XL2? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old August 29th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #1
New Boot

Raw DV with Canon XL2?

Sorry guys, this has probably been covered 1000 times. If I get an FS4 and connect it to my XL2, can I capture uncompressed video? I am trying to get a good chromakey and having uncompressed video seems to be one of the keys.

Thanks
Paul McGowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #2
Wrangler

Unfortunately, no. The a/v data coming through firewire is always compressed. The Firestore simply gives you ready to edit files without the need to capture and digitize.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #3
New Boot

Bummer

Is there any way to get uncompressed, or "less" compressed DV out of the XL2? I am trying to get a decent chromakey and not having a lot of luck. I kn ow I can do much better if the video is uncompressed.

How about right out of the S-Video port?
Paul McGowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006, 09:24 PM   #4
New Boot

One more question

What do they mean when they say "raw DV" in the Firestore data sheet as a format. I guess this is what led me to believe it may have been uncompressed.
Paul McGowan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore