2.5" disk cable? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old August 30th, 2006, 07:29 PM   #1
Major Player

2.5" disk cable?

*ahem*I seem to have damaged the 2.5" connector cable in my FS4 whilst changing out disks one time. Does anybody know where a 2.5" disk cable can be found? I've searched Fry's, TigerDirect, Newegg, etc., but cannot seem to find a replacement, or even means to create my own cable.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Are you talking about a cable to go between a 2.5" laptop hard drive and the computer? If so then just buy a external hard drive case for 2.5" drives. They are available at NewEgg for around $20 for USB 2.0 (more for Firewire or both).

If it's the cable to go between the FS4 and the computer then go to NewEgg and search for "firewire cable". You'll find 6-6, 6-4 and 4-4 pin cables there for pretty cheap (under $5).

If the cable inside the FS4 is broken then you'll probably have to call Focus.
David Suthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 02:29 PM   #3
Major Player

It's the internal cable. The unit is out of warranty, and the HD seemed to have problems. I put in a new HD, and started up the unit, before completely shutting it up again. Everything was working fine--disk detected and formatted, etc., so I shut everything up again. Then it said no drive detected the next time I turned it on. I was going to try a different drive, but while trying the remove the cable, the cable broke (I was gentle, I swear!!). In any case, I suspect I crushed the cable when screwing the unit shut again, because the replacement drive I put in works fine in a USB 2.0 enclosure....

*sigh*

I'll be glad when Catapult comes out, if it works as advertised....

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore