DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Focus Enhancements FireStore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/)
-   -   FS4 / FS4 Pro HD various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/77831-fs4-fs4-pro-hd-various-topics.html)

Matt McEwen October 20th, 2006 03:25 PM

HDV 720p/25 is not supported in the current 2.0 upgrade. We hope to resolve this issue soon. I will post here when we have more information.

Matt

Fernando Hermoso October 20th, 2006 11:27 PM

FS 4 pro hd

Then it is an error of Firestore to include in the manual that supports formats 720 24/25 because it takes to error to the buyer.
And now that will happen? when they update for 720p/25 I will have to pay the version again?
You are very amiable Matt, but the respect I feel yet deceived by Firestore, and more if now I must pay to be able again to have support in 720/25. greetings.

Matt McEwen October 23rd, 2006 10:41 AM

Hello,

I think the note in the FS-4 Pro HD manual mentioning 720/25 support you are referring to is for the .m2t file format. We are working on adding 720/25 and 24 support now and there will be no charge to existing FS-4Pro HD and DR-HD100 version 2.0 owners.

It was not possible to add QuickTime 720 24p and 25p support right away as Apple only began supporting it with the version 5.1.2 release of FCP...which only shipped recently. It is a little difficult to benchmark a particular file format when it isn't actually out yet!

Matt

Steven D. Martin November 12th, 2006 07:15 PM

24p support

Matt-

When do you expect to have the ProHD 24p support ready?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt McEwen
Hello,

I think the note in the FS-4 Pro HD manual mentioning 720/25 support you are referring to is for the .m2t file format. We are working on adding 720/25 and 24 support now and there will be no charge to existing FS-4Pro HD and DR-HD100 version 2.0 owners.

It was not possible to add QuickTime 720 24p and 25p support right away as Apple only began supporting it with the version 5.1.2 release of FCP...which only shipped recently. It is a little difficult to benchmark a particular file format when it isn't actually out yet!

Matt

Matt McEwen November 16th, 2006 01:18 PM

We are showing a working beta with 720p24 and 25 support here at DVExpo this week on the JVC booth. I hope it will be shipping shortly. If you are interested in beta testing this version, send me a PM. You will need version 2.0 loaded on your DR-HD100.

Thanks,

Matt

Perrone Ford November 17th, 2006 12:20 AM

FS-4 Pro, interesting behavior

So yesterday, I did my first shoot with the new Firestore. I noticed something I considered odd, but perhaps it's normal.

While watching the timecode roll by on the LCD of my DVX100, I glanced at the firestore and noticed they were nearly 3 seconds apart. Ordinarily this wouldn't concern me, but as I start to worry about running more than one camera, and as I am somewhat concerned about possibly having the Firestore not work (thus rolling tape for backup), I'm somewhat curious as to why the timecode doesn't line up.

They weren't drifting apart, both running drop frame, just had a gap between them.

Also, is it possible to have the FS-4 respond to a "start recording" command from the camera but yet, not stop until manually stopped? I'd like to synchronize the beginning of the roll for obvious reasons, but I'd like to be able to change tape while capturing seamlessly to the firestore.

Thanks for your thoughts.

-P

Matt McEwen November 20th, 2006 01:23 PM

I assume you have the DISP button set to DV NTSC. As long as you have TC EXT selected in the SETUP menu, you will be frame accurate to tape. There may be some delay between the two displays, but I cannot think why it would be 3 seconds off. Have you checked it against tape in an NLE?

Matt

Perrone Ford November 22nd, 2006 08:19 AM

Sorry Matt, I missed your response.

I have not checked against what went to tape. I did check the unit just now and it was NOT set to show EXT TC. Apparently that was not the default, but I just changed it.

I'll run a test in a little while to see if that solves the problem.

Matt McEwen November 22nd, 2006 10:15 AM

Hmmm...TC EXT is the default out of the factory. Maybe it is possible that someone changed it prior to you receiving the unit.

Matt

Perrone Ford November 22nd, 2006 07:46 PM

Hmmm,

I ordered it from B&H and everything seemed fine. But no matter. The unit worked as advertised, I delivered my 2hr video to the client, and she proclaimed it was the best recording they had ever recvieved. Unit paid for itself right there.

Next time I have to video one of those 7hr conference meetings, I'll kiss the thing! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt McEwen
Hmmm...TC EXT is the default out of the factory. Maybe it is possible that someone changed it prior to you receiving the unit.

Matt

Stembridge November 29th, 2006 01:35 PM

Connecting FS-4 on Mac Question

I just noticed when connecting my new FS-4 HD on my G4 (OS 10.4.8), that the hard disk shows up on the desktop; but not in the finder window sidebar, as an external firewire drive or CD/DVD shows up. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Stembridge November 29th, 2006 01:36 PM

Opps, I just found the pfreference setting on my Mac... it's there now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stembridge
I just noticed when connecting my new FS-4 HD on my G4 (OS 10.4.8), that the hard disk shows up on the desktop; but not in the finder window sidebar, as an external firewire drive or CD/DVD shows up. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Stembridge November 30th, 2006 09:39 PM

Canon XL1 DV control with FS-4?

Is there any means of controlling the FS-4 with my older Canon XL1?

I have an XL1s that has the DV control setting, it works very well. I was curious if there's a standard XL1 user with input!

Thanks!

Matt McEwen December 1st, 2006 03:36 PM

If you have a tape in the XL1 and set FS-4 to Syncro Slave control mode, you will be able to trigger rec/rec-pause from the camera.

Matt

Bjørn Sørensen December 10th, 2006 08:55 AM

FS4 to FS4-HD

How is the FS4 upgraded to a FS4 pro, and how much does it cost?
Is it only a software upgrade and is it possible to download??