DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Focus Enhancements FireStore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/)
-   -   FS4 / FS4 Pro HD various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/77831-fs4-fs4-pro-hd-various-topics.html)

Mike Minor May 7th, 2005 01:38 PM

where can i buy FS-4 batteries online?

Just curious.

Gary Bettan May 7th, 2005 07:39 PM

we have them available $129.95 each. We do not have stock, but we expect units next week. http://www.videoguys.com/FireStore.html

Gary

Jon Omiatek May 7th, 2005 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Bettan
we have them available $129.95 each. We do not have stock, but we expect units next week. http://www.videoguys.com/FireStore.html

Gary

I love it. We have them available but we don't have them in stock????

I guess he meant, we carry them but we are out of stock till next week!

I made my own battery since everyone is out of stock on these. I called focus and they said the same thing. I like having the newest stuff but sometimes you get... Sorry, we are on back order! Good luck with the battery search!

Jon Omiatek May 7th, 2005 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt McEwen
Hi Ray,

Mark is correct, it should be fairly quick to copy files off of FS-4 to your computer...at least 3 times faster than real-time. It does depend on a lot of variables though (how many peripherals are on the FireWire bus, computer speed, drive speed, fragmentation etc.)

Hope that helps.

Matt

With my laptop, a newer dell pent M class it takes approximately 20-25 minutes to transfer 3 hours.

Mark Geiser May 8th, 2005 03:39 AM

Jon..

I purchased one of those batteries from that store, already had the connectors and a UK charger, though the post was a bit steep at $32 !!!! But here in the UK those cells are about $4-6 each so was well worth the purchase..The only thing I'm missing is the gender changer extension lead, but I guess I can make one up !!!

Mark

Jon Omiatek May 9th, 2005 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Geiser
Jon..

I purchased one of those batteries from that store, already had the connectors and a UK charger, though the post was a bit steep at $32 !!!! But here in the UK those cells are about $4-6 each so was well worth the purchase..The only thing I'm missing is the gender changer extension lead, but I guess I can make one up !!!

Mark

The gender connector will be male. The firestore has a female connector.

Jon

Matt McEwen May 10th, 2005 04:13 PM

Hi John,

You can use any DV camcorder with FS-4. I am not aware of any at this stage that do not work with.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Matt McEwen May 10th, 2005 04:38 PM

Hi Douglas,

Email me offline and I can get you the information you need. RS232C information is only available on request from Focus.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Patrick King May 10th, 2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Gillespie
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Douglas, any doubts now about the benefits of frequenting this community? Ever had a staff member for the product in question reply as quickly in a public forum.

Matt,
I don't have a personal need for DTE capability right now (very languorous shooting requirements), but I must say, my esteem for your company just went up tremendously.

John Tagliarini May 11th, 2005 08:20 AM

thanks

Thanks Matt,

I purchased fs-4 and have been using it with pretty good success with my zr25. Sometimes however it does not seem to get the handshake and it will not work in sync with the record trigger on the camera. Reboot sometimes helps, sometimes not. Is it my cable?

Regards,
John

Matt McEwen May 11th, 2005 01:38 PM

Hmmm...could be your cable. Have you contacted Focus tech support? They can be contacted at 408-370-9963 or support@focusinfo.com.

Matt

LeEarl Rugland May 12th, 2005 08:53 AM

You can use the GL2 without a tape inside. I capture right onto my computer hard drive without tape. I am also looking for a good portable storage device for my GL2.

LeEarl

Raymond Schlogel May 13th, 2005 12:05 AM

FS-4 Pro Crashinig Windows Explorer

Everything appears to be set up right, drive shows up as it should but as soon as I double click on it *crash*. This is killing me as I'm so excited to have gotten it today and now this.

Running Windows XP Pro, Dual AMD's, 2 Gigs Ram, and all should seem right with the world. Got the firewire hooked up to the correct port and the screen does say " Connect Computer Then Enable Bypass Success "

Could use some advice here.

Thanks;

- Ray
ray@undegroundplanet.com

Matt McEwen May 13th, 2005 12:36 PM

Hi Raymond,

Hmmm, have not seen that before. Have you successfully connected other Oxford 911 based FireWire devices to your system such as FireWire drives? Also, try this...follow the steps to put FS-4Pro into HD mode (when you see Success) and then connect it to your computer.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Alan Galbraith May 19th, 2005 10:23 AM

FS-4 and JVC DV500?

will it work?