Kessler Krank™ Sneak Peek - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old April 27th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #16
Wrangler

We are managing to confuse each other!

What I was suggesting was a scenario where the orientation of the pocket dolly is the same, you are still moving the camera left and right, but the lens height is set at a conventional eye height (let's say 5'8", as would be the case when shooting an over-the-shoulder shot. With the pocket dolly now positioned a few inches below that height, it would be somewhat uncomfortable to have to operate a crank on the top of the unit. I was suggesting a right-angle gear assembly that would allow the crank to be offset and facing you, similar to a geared head. From the sound of it you are able to invert the entire system and operate the crank from the underside...?

Overall though, I'm inclined to prefer the motorized concept where the control can be placed on the pan handle (perhaps made to be compatible with existing zoom rocker controls...?) and the whole thing operated by one person. Of course this will make it more complicated/expensive but it sounds like it will be an option which is fine.
Old April 28th, 2009, 06:21 AM   #17
Sponsor: Kessler Crane

You're right, I think we are! :-)

I see what you mean now. No, you can not invert the unit and mount the camera on the other side. I was talking about rotating the camera 180 degrees, so the handle would be on the other side (right to left or left to right).
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #18
Trustee

Hi Chris, I must say the collapsible crane is most welcomed for events coverage. I just hope that it will not be too heavy. Motorised control would be most welcome for pan/tilt controls as well as for the pocket dolly.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors