Express Video Supply (EVS) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old April 22nd, 2004, 06:51 PM   #16
Trustee

B&H rocks! It is faster (and at current dollar exchange rate cheaper!) for me to buy gears accross the border from B&H shipped through UPS than to wait until my local camera store get the gears I want in stock.
Old June 19th, 2004, 01:01 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I like EVS

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got great service from EVS (West Coast). Ordered a Miller DS5 Solo and when I got it, it was damaged. This was not done in transit. It looked like someone had cut the zipper tab off of the tripod case with tin snips or something, and the rubber surface on the QR plate was abraided. I called EVS and told them about it. EVS handled the return with no problem. After I shipped it to them, I decided that I may as well go with the DS10, so I called them to upgrade. Again, no problem, they just added the difference to my charges. Everyone that I spoke to was curteous and professional.

I plan to make all future purchases from them.
Nick Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2004, 01:25 AM   #18
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Thanks for posting your experience, Nick. EVS is a real top-notch operation with which many members have had similar positive experiences (including me).

We're very proud to have them among our sponsors.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2004, 04:04 AM   #19
Regular Crew

I too had great experience with EVS

Hat's off EVS, I ordered a Pelican 1650 case and a case of Panasonic MQ tapes - FLAWLESS transaction, and I'm in Canada! Cheers!
Gary Siu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 10:32 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Re: I too had great experience with EVS

<<<-- Originally posted by Gary Siu : Hat's off EVS, I ordered a Pelican 1650 case and a case of Panasonic MQ tapes - FLAWLESS transaction, and I'm in Canada! Cheers! -->>>

I just received shipment of my Panasonic AG-DVX100A today from EVS. Rush Hamdem was extremely helpful and went out of his way to help me make the transaction go through for overnight shipping.

Cheers to EVS.
Chris L. Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2004, 02:55 AM   #21
Major Player

Yes, Rush and the guys at EVS take excellent care of you. Email responses are quick, they are never pushy over the phone, and are great people to work with. Highly recommended!
Christopher Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #22
Major Player

I was comparing prices for the Sony PD-170. EVS and B & H have about the same price. EVS sounds like they treat customers pretty good. I place Broadway Photo has the price $200 less than both EVS and B&H. I wonder if there is a catch?

I will probably go with a sponsor of this board.
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 01:30 PM   #23

Don't even think of Broadway Photo, Bob. Yes, there is a "catch". They're famous bottom-dwellers.

Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

Old November 5th, 2004, 10:57 AM   #24
Major Player

Thanks Ken. I've noticed no one mentions them on this board. Not a good sign!
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #25

Here is a relatively recent small thread on them. We actually have many references to Broadway Photo like this (Search).

Old December 17th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #26
Regular Crew

I just took delivery of a new DVX100A package and am really glad I bought it from EVS. After reading about the famous Rush on this site I gave them a try and am comfortable in saying they will be one of my main go to places for gear (ZGC the other). Rush was very helpful and seemed like an all around nice guy.

I have been a long time B&H buyer for about ten years and needed a DVX as part of my gear package. The last time I called them I wasn't treated well, even though I have been directly responsible for over $100K worth of purchaces over the years. I also have a major problem with B&H's shipping department and how they use it as a profit center. Now I know and realize there are expenses involved with shipping, the price of boxes, packing material, labor, etc. However, B&H probably gets an incredible deal on their shipping rates from all the major companies like UPS and FedEx so, they should be able to pass on the savings to their customers. I always felt I was getting ripped off on the shipping at B&H.

After this latest call to B&H a few days ago I told myself I am done with them. I called EVS and I have found a new home. Rush treated me like a friend instead of treating me like a schmuck.

When the bill was totalled up I asked Rush to ship it over night. Fearing at least $150 I braced myself. Rush shocked me by charging me less than half of that. After the friendly help and professional courtesy (plus reasonable and fair shipping charges) I have to recomend that anyone who wants gear call EVS.

EVS is not alone, I have to give the same props to ZGC. They have always been at the top of my list.

Will Boggs
DustBowl Productions
Will Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2005, 05:37 PM   #27
New Boot

EVS - Tommy

Just a quick word to echo what others have said about EVS....Tommy in particular has been very helpful with my recent order. There have been a few bumps but they have taken care of them and so far I couldn't be more pleased with the service.

Looking forward to getting my camera and will surely use them again in the future.
Brian Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 08:10 AM   #28
Major Player

Express Video Supply is the best!

I must say I’m totally delighted with one of DVInfo sponsors/suppliers. The company is EVS (Express Video Supply) out of California. I suddenly needed another tripod and thought I would try EVS. So on Sunday I placed the order online for a Cartoni Action Pro. Monday morning, yesterday, I called EVS (from Central Mexico using Skype, 4 cents per minute to anywhere in the world) and connected with a salesman, mentioned that I’m a ‘regular’ at DVI, he told me it was a holiday in the US, Columbus day, he was the only person at the store but he would see what he could do. His name is Ramsey and he was sooo obliging, incredibly courteous, extremely helpful, and guess what; this morning I received confirmation that my tripod shipped yesterday and now it’s on the way with FedEx.

And the price was $30 better than B&H. I have purchased from B&H before but have never had service like this. Now I’ll agree B&H are not bad but EVS are way better IMO. I know where I’m shopping in the future. Thanks Ramsey and EVS, great service. I’ll be back.
John McCully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 08:21 AM   #29
Wrangler

Just ordered some merchandise from them myself. I too spoke with Ramsey. Turns out he's from the Dallas area originally and was familiar with my location. Anyway, just echoing what you said. Good customer service. That's why they were chosen to be a sponsor. Chris is very adamant about protecting the user's experience when dealing with online vendors.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #30
Major Player

EVS is indeed great. I live nearby so I buy 95% of my stuff from them. Ramsey has waited on me before as well. Very cool guy.
Eric Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors