ZGC - Christine at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old December 1st, 2001, 04:55 PM   #1
vuduproman

Thank you ZGC.com

I just wanted to say thanks to Christine at ZGC.com for the wonderful help in trying to find my camera. Being a newbie, I almost made the mistake of going to an online outfit that offered the XL1s for a ridiculously low price. After coming to DVINFO.NET and reading reviews, I am glad I went through ZGC, one of the sponsors.

Very friendly, delivered on time and always available if any questions.

Gilbert
Old December 1st, 2001, 06:52 PM   #2
Major Player

Christine was a great help with my recent order as well. I recommend ZGC without reservation.

Ed Frazier
Ed Frazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2002, 12:39 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I've said this in other posts, but this one is appropriate.

I was shopping for an XL1S (PAL) with a warranty that would cover me while I was in the States and that would also cover me when I moved back to South Africa. I tried everyone and then I came across ZGC. Chris was polite, enthusiastic and generally on top of it. Within a day she was back to me with the answer I was hoping for. Needless to say I'm the proud owner of a new XL1S (PAL) with an International Warranty, and Chris has been getting orders from me for the last 2 weeks, and counting. And even though I have a lot of Scottish blood in me, I hand over the cash with a smile, because I know I'm getting quality products from a 1st class company.

Thanks Christine and ZGC!

Silver Reflections
guypringle@yahoo.com
+27(0)83 256 8566
Guy Pringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2002, 01:54 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I love ZGC! I have known of them for a few years now and buy form them whenever possible. If I don't buy it from ZGC it means they can't get it. I have bought a lot of gear over the years and the number one element in my satisfaction as a customer is service. I gladly pay a little more (however ZGC is competitive on most of their goods) for someone who will take care of me. How often have any of you gone out and bought from large mail order companies and been treated like a second class citizen when you want to return something. Chris and Barbara are two of the nicest people I have EVER delt with in the production world. They really want to help you and are interested in keeping you as a customer. When I call them I feel like I am calling up one of my buddies. Can't say enough about them. I encourage anyone and everone who is in this business to give them a try--you won't be sorry.

Will Boggs
DustBowl Productions
Will Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2002, 04:09 PM   #5
osiasencarnacion

ditto on ZGC!

I also worked with Christine. She worked some magic to make up for some backlogged stock. I compared their prices to others, they definitely are very competitive. Competitive prices, quality service from people who care, and support for this community forum; what else can you ask for!

Mention Chris Hurd and they'll take some dollars off for you.
Old July 26th, 2002, 07:26 AM   #6
New Boot

I agree 100%

I (very reluctantly after dealing with all the bait and switch swindle meisters in NY) looked into ZGC for my xl1s and equipment. I was VERY satisfied with the prices and the service was absolutely top-notch. If I ever go anywhere else to pick up an item it will be because they can't get it.

An extra special thanks to Christine for putting up with my MANY emailed questions and the hand holding in explaining differences in some items. They have a customer for life!

If you are reading this, thanks again Christine and ZGC!

Jason T
Burlington NC
Jay Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2002, 09:53 PM   #7
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Second Round Kudos

After purchasing another camera from ZGC I can only reaffirm the observations I made to start this thread. (Really) Terrific price. Terrific service. Terrific people.

If you're planning to purchase a new camera or significant accessories you really owe it to yourself to give ZGC a call first. Discussing such a purchase with Christine or Mizell is a far nicer experience than just clicking that Submit button.

And, hey, when was the last time that B&H sent you a t-shirt or hat...yeah, in your dreams sky boy. Not to knock them; they are a staple for stuff and a good outfit. But, really,...

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2002, 03:20 AM   #8
Major Player

I live and work in Amsterdam and i own a canon xl1, prices here are much more expensive then the States so i was looking for a good dealer across. ZGC and specially its representative Cristine was very attentive, made me a good deal and delivered the goods first class! I never bought anything over internet (because you cannot see what you are buying) But i spend over a thousand dollars on goodies and payed through paypal. They are my favorite for new purchases!!
i wish they would know what service means in Holland, like i got it there. By the way, Cris hope to see you in Amsterdam this year at the IBC!
David Slingerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2002, 08:40 PM   #9
Regular Crew

ZGC rules!!!!!!!!!! Chris is the best salesperson in the world!
Kelly Hoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2003, 03:45 PM   #10
Regular Crew

ZGC - Christine

Firstly thanks to DVINFO for finding me ZGC. I haven't bought or promised to buy a single thing from ZGC and Christine has been just amazing. Although for this canuck it means a little trip south-east it will be more than worth it.
Old April 22nd, 2003, 04:07 PM   #11
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

They really are good people, Frank. I've made many purchases from them and had nothing but good experiences. Super support, super service. We're very proud to have them as one of our sponsors here.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:51 AM   #12
Regular Crew

THANKS for GREAT advice!!!

Thank you soooo much to the folks who "chimed in" so quickly with advice. I've been on the phone all morning with Canon, Chris at ZGC (AWESOME gal!!!) and a few other folks. Coming close to a decision and will absolutely be a lifetime customer at ZGC. God Bless and many peaceful video shoots ahead! :-) Roze
Roze Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 06:48 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Chris @ ZGC

What a woman! Every company needs one of these girls to run the show.

I write her, call her and her is always the same great her.

Her never forgets ya and her never forgets your order.

Her goes out of the way to be her. Just a fantastic person to do business with.

Cheers to Chris!

evc@starband.net
Bob Deming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:38 AM   #14
Air China Pilot

I echo this compliment. ZGC gave me great service when I bought my mic and Beachtek.
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:42 AM   #15
Obstreperous Rex

She is awesome. The whole staff there is great, but she's their secret weapon.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors