CSI: Any info on the next gen. of Canon? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema

HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema
Various topics: HD, UHD (2K / 4K) Digital Cinema acquisition to distribution.

Old January 22nd, 2007, 03:38 PM   #16
Starway Pictures

My guess is that the H1s or H2 will use CMOS chips. Canon's already producing them en mass. I think the A1, G1 and H1 are the last of the CCD cameras from Canon.
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 11:24 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Features..

I second the HD-SDI recorder.. I'm really surprised that portable units don't exist yet.. I'm currently employed as a software engineer at a video server company.. I don't know, and I don't claim to know alot about compression or video signals.. but I've discussed it with one of the brain trusts I work with who does and there really appears to be no real limiting technology, it could all be done with a raid array of laptop drives, small portable, and really not needing any huge bank of battieries. My guess is that there really isn't enough money in it to get too many companies very excited at this point, or its an undiscovered market.

Oh yeah.. another thing.. I'd like a camera that could look into the future. That would be cool.

Brian
Brian Findlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 11:57 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Findlay
I second the HD-SDI recorder.
Yes, an HD-SDI recorder that lets you dial in the compression. If it's a chroma key clip, then select lossless compression. If an HDV bit rate is adequate, then select that to store more video.

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2007, 05:56 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri Kettunen
we only need a portable device which stored (and compressed) the HD-SDI signal on hard disk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Findlay
I second the HD-SDI recorder.. I'm really surprised that portable units don't exist yet.. [snip] small portable, and really not needing any huge bank of battieries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Glaeser
Yes, an HD-SDI recorder that lets you dial in the compression. If it's a chroma key clip, then select lossless compression. If an HDV bit rate is adequate, then select that to store more video.
I can't say too much at the present moment, but we have been working diligently for a while, and will be announcing something significant on Feb 1st.

For those unfamiliar, "we," would be Colorspace -- http://www.colorspaceinc.com

As several of you likely know, we've been developing a new generation of digital cinema camera systems. As our product page notes, we're also building solid-state and hard-disk based recorder systems. Our focus continues to be on building rugged, intuitive, cost-effective products that empower filmmakers of all types.

For those who want to be updated on the exact details of a product that is specifically germaine to this thread: prosumer@colorspaceinc.com

-Adam "Gee, this XL-H1 feels so front-heavy, I wish I had a small box I could bolt onto the back of it..." Burtle
Adam Burtle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema