Helping Hands from 2010 - Page 23 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:08 PM   #331
Trustee

No one out there? Nadie?
Bruce Yarock
Old September 5th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #332
New Boot

I to am in Dallas. I'm not normally big into Flash websites, but I really like your splash page on your website!
Old September 5th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #333
New Boot

'What Makes a Top Employer?' Video Contest

Hey everyone! A guy I know is helping with this contest, so I thought I'd spread the word along. It is open to Canadian students enrolled part or full time in a college or university program, so if you know any qualifiers who might be interested in this pass it along!

KPMG Top Employer
Old September 5th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #334
Go Go Godzilla

Need Feedback from my fellow DVinfo people

I need help in selecting talent for an upcoming project.

It's a simple matter of looking at photos and a video of each of the 7 finalists and then choosing your single favorite and entering that into the poll on the webpage.

I could also use some FEMALE feedback as well, so if you know anyone from the "fairer" sex who'd be willing to share a woman's perspective that would be very helpful.

Once I get at least 50 people to respond I'll send out a link in email to the webpages setup specifically for this purpose.

Thanks to all who choose to help.
Old September 5th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #335
Trustee

Do you have an estimated time commitment required to view the videos? IOW, or they shorts, or are they longer form features or documentaries?

-Jon
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #336
Go Go Godzilla

The vids are of the auditioneers (is that even a word?) reading a very short script which lasts no more than a 2 mins. Well, technically the script would have been no more than 45 seconds but because all of the women who were tested do not have on-camera experience they all took longer - and did multiple reads so they could get comfortable with the process.

It shouldn't take but 5 minutes or so for the average person to look at the pics and vids and get a gut-level reaction - which is exactly what I'm looking for as feedback. I don't need a thorough, critical review of their performance, just an instinctive "This one did the best..." type of response.

You can tell within seconds if someone is appealing to you - or not - on whatever level is important to you, so that's all that I need.
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #337
Trustee

Cool deal. I'm game if you still need folks. I'll send you an email.

-Jon
Old September 6th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #338
Equal Opportunity Offender

I'm in. Sounds like fun to me.

Andrew
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #339
Regular Crew

Looking for DP this Saturday night. Los Angeles

I don't know if it's okay to post this here? Hopefully it's okay. Looked for a specific forum but couldn't find any.

We need a DP for Saturday 11th (from 5pm to 10:30pm) shooting an alternate ending for a short film shot with 5Ds.

All lights and cameras will be accessible on location. Arri Kit, Kinos, everything needed. Shooting in a house in Beverly Hills. 2 small scenes at night.

Micro budget but paid gig...

Email me at:

productions@hardtable6.com
http://hardtable6.com/

Last edited by Martin Guitar; September 8th, 2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #340
Regular Crew

Royalty Free Music for film and video

WOW, this link has 35 true Royalty Free songs for film and video productions.

Sonnyboo & the Royalty Free Music
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #341
Obstreperous Rex

Moved to Helping Hands.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:58 AM   #342
Regular Crew

Camera Operator needed in DC area (Woodbridge, VA)

Professional camera operator needed for corporate promotional video shoot in Woodbridge, VA (near DC).

Will be needed for 2 days between 9/15/10 - 9/17/10 or 9/20/10 - 9/22/10. More specific dates and times are TBD but will be solidified by 9/12/10 and will be provided when available.

You must link to a demo reel of current work in your response to be considered.

You must have demonstrated proficiency using pro-sumer type HDV cameras and 35mm DOF adapters.

You must have demonstrated proficiency with setting up basic 3 point lighting for interview subjects.

The camera, DOF adapter, lenses, tripod, lighting kit and studio monitor will be provided for you.

Compensation is $800 for the two days.
Old September 11th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #343
Regular Crew

Audio Engineer Needed near DC (Woodbridge, VA)

Professional audio Engineer needed for corporate promotional video shoot in Woodbridge, VA (near DC).

Will be needed for 1 day between 9/15/10 - 9/17/10 or 9/20/10 - 9/22/10. More specific dates and times are TBD but will be solidified by 9/12/10 and will be provided when available.

You must link to a demo of current work in your response to be considered.

You must have your own equipment ... preferably a lavaliere mic and shotgun mic, digital field recorder, field mixers and any necessary support equipment.

You must have demonstrated proficiency with recording on camera interviews in a reasonably controlled situation.

Compensation is $500 for the one day.
Old September 11th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #344
Regular Crew

Video Makeup Artist needed near DC (Woodbridge, VA)

Professional makeup artist needed for corporate promotional video shoot in Woodbridge, VA (near DC).

Will be needed for 1 day between 9/15/10 - 9/17/10 or 9/20/10 - 9/22/10. More specific dates and times are TBD but will be solidified by 9/12/10 and will be provided when available.

You must link to a video demo reel or photo samples of current work in your response to be considered.

You must have demonstrated proficiency "touching-up" a persons appearance for on camera interviews. Primary responsibilities will be "powdering face" to reduce shine, covering blemishes and/or touching up existing makeup. Fixing of hair and adjusting of wardrobe will also be required, however this will be on a very superficial level.

You must have a pleasant demeanor and be able to make interviewees feel comfortable while makeup is being applied. (Will be applied to men and women.)

You must have your own makeup and supplies.

Compensation is $400 for the one day.
Old September 11th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #345
Major Player

I know a great makeup artist in that area let me see if I can find her contact info for you.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands