Helping Hands from 2010 - Page 28 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old November 10th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #406
Regular Crew

Need production crew for a short film project

Film Crew – Camera Team – WANTED to shoot a short film

We are looking for film crew and camera team to shoot a short film.
We are looking for help in the following:
• Lighting aid
• Camera aid (anyone with minor camera handling HD DSLR preferred)
• Boom mic operator
• Miscellaneous work (equipment handling)
A small amount of experience on another short film is appreciated but not essential

Payment details: no pay

please contact us at films@neelosproduction.com
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:02 AM   #407
Trustee

Mandy's Film and TV Production Directory - television - video - broadcast
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:02 AM   #408
Trustee

mentioned in the other post, if the timing works (as promised) I will be getting a pair of WWII bombers taking off shot from the control tower. otherwise, it'll be just normal airport activity!

I'm using the Atomic Clock app on the iPhone. It displays seconds numerically and dots to mimic the second hand. (just want to be as accurate as possible HaHa!)
Old November 12th, 2010, 02:21 AM   #409
Inner Circle

Sounds like a fun and interesting project.
I'll do my best to get a chance to be a part of this.
Old November 12th, 2010, 05:52 AM   #410
Major Player

Can I use the clock of a church or trainstation as timestamp? I like to take part.
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #411
New Boot

Hi guys! I'm so happy you guys are taking part! I love the ideas - the airport and the train station are awesome! I really hope those two WWII bombers will be taking off during the minute - WOW!

So to answer the question about time-stamping from the clock in a train station: that's fine, but if you could, please double-check that it matches NIST time. If it's off a second or so, you could make a note of it on your submission "form" upon upload.

I don't mean to be anal, but we're trying to take the simultaneous factor as seriously as possible. To have all these streams of footage truly be playing back simultaneously will be a powerful thing for people to see, but only if they know it is accurate.

Below I detail the TIME-STAMPING methods, and below that, info on how to SUBMIT your media.

TIME-STAMPING:
The official live world time-count is displayed at The Simultania Project. In the seconds before the 1-minute-moment is set to begin, start your recording by using one of the time-stamping methods below. Then – without stopping your recording – go on to film whatever you intend to for the 1-minute-moment.

1. Time-Code Apps
Get the free Emerald Time app for iPhone/iPad or the free Navy Clock II app for Android. Film the live-time count directly off the screen of your mobile device.

Emerald Time: Emerald Time for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Navy Clock II: Navy Clock II - Android app from Richard Schilling | Appolicious Android App Directory

2. Computer Screen
Start your recording by filming the live time-count right off the screen of your computer.

3. Watch/Clock
Set your watch or clock to the live time-count displayed at The Simultania Project. Then, in the seconds before the 1-minute-moment is set to begin, start your recording by filming the face of your watch or clock as the seconds tick away.
*If your watch or clock doesn't have a second hand, digital or otherwise, just film the face of it as it changes from one minute to the next, i.e., as it changes from 3:59pm UTC to 4:00pm UTC.

For those recording audio-only:
Audio 1
Having either set your watch to the official live time-count or using one of the above apps, audibly indicate the start of the 1-minute-moment.
Audio 2
Call the NIST phone service at 1-303-499-7111 (a U.S. phone number) and record the audio from the phone. Be sure to catch the automated voice announcing the time as well as the subsequent beep indicating the start of the next minute. Give yourself more time if you use this method.

SUBMITTING MEDIA:
I'm putting a "SUBMIT" media button on the website today. With this, you just browse to find your media and hit upload. It can take awhile (3-15 minutes), depending on the speed of your connection and the size of your media.

If you experience any trouble uploading in this way, you can upload via Vimeo. I've made a Simultania Project Group at Simultania Project on Vimeo, so you can either upload it directly to the group, or upload it and email me the link to your footage at erin@simultaniaproject.com. To use Vimeo, you have to sign up to use the service.

And finally, if you want to send me a master copy of your beautiful footage, you can send it to the Simultania Project P.O. Box at:
The Simultania Project
1112 Montana Ave.
Box 452
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Thanks guys! So excited to see what you shoot!!

The Simultania Project
Old November 12th, 2010, 03:13 PM   #412
Major Player

I'll be shooting some RED 4.5k footage of the snow-capped mountains in Utah...
Old November 12th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #413
New Boot

Wow Chris. I can't wait to see it...
Old November 12th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #414
Trustee

Erin,

Are there any specific formats you would like the footage in? I looked on your site but couldn't find any guidelines.

-Garrett
Old November 12th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #415
New Boot

Hi Garrett!

Any format is fine. I've got a pro video person helping me get everything consistent in post-production. I'm after the best quality I can get, but so whatever works for you.

To submit over the website, below is a list of the formats I'll be accepting. If you're using another format, you can upload to Vimeo to the Simultaneo Project Group page at Simultania Project on Vimeo. If you've got incredible stuff, you can send me a master copy to

The Simultania Project
1112 Montana Ave.
Box 452
Santa Monica, CA 90403
USA

Audio Formats
aif, aiff, au, mp3, ra, ram, raw, wav, wma

Video Formats
asf, avi, bdm, dv, dvx, flv, m2t, m2ts, m4v, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpeg2, mpeg4, mts, ogv, wm.

Thanks Garrett!!
Old November 12th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #416
New Boot

I recently got a question about formats. Any format you want to shoot in is fine. I've got a pro video person helping me get everything consistent in post-production. I'm after the best quality I can get, but use whatever works for you.

To submit over the website, below is a list of the formats I'll be accepting. If you're using another format, you can upload to Vimeo to the Vimeo Simultania Project Group page at Simultania Project on Vimeo.

If you've got incredible stuff, you can send me a master copy to

The Simultania Project
1112 Montana Ave.
Box 452
Santa Monica, CA 90403
USA

Audio Formats

Video Formats
asf, avi, bdm, dv, dvx, flv, m2t, m2ts, m4v, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpeg2, mpeg4, mts, ogv, wm.
Old November 12th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #417
New Boot

I recently got a question about formats. Any format you want to shoot in is fine. I've got a pro video person helping me get everything consistent in post-production. I'm after the best quality I can get, but use whatever works for you.

To submit over the website, below is a list of the formats I'll be accepting. If you're using another format, you can upload to Vimeo to the Vimeo Simultania Project Group page at Simultania Project on Vimeo.

If you've got incredible stuff, you can send me a master copy to

The Simultania Project
1112 Montana Ave.
Box 452
Santa Monica, CA 90403
USA

Audio Formats

Video Formats
Old November 13th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #418
New Boot

That was SO INCREDIBLE! I can't wait to see your videos!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Submit to The Simultania Project or Simultania Project on Vimeo.

Erin
Old November 13th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #419
Regular Crew

Completed Footage Question

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody who completed their Simultania Project Shoot encountered
any "dead frames / seconds" say, where you were in transit from your time-stamping
shot of the computer face, or hand-held phone at the beginning, and then panning,
or re-focusing at that point, onto the beginning of your subject.

In my case, I had 3-4 seconds where the assistant holding my phone up to the camera,
didn't pull it away promptly, due to sun glare, and the effect was an extra 3-4 seconds of
"phone / clock" footage.

I think Erin Cooney would like the "scrap" cut, but the resulting "black" is an issue on which
she hopfully will instruct us soon.

John Reilly
Old November 13th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #420
New Boot

Hi John and everybody!

In this case, I'd prefer you leave those first 3-4 seconds of the time-stamp at the beginning. The most important thing to me is that we are able to sync up the videos accurately and honestly with the rest of the submissions. It's my intention to play everything back in true simultaneous streams. If that means your shot of the 1-minute-moment begins with the time-stamp, that's just fine.

If you want to give it to me raw, I am prepared to trim the "edges" off each side of the minute. If you want to edit to give me the exact 1-minute-moment, that would be fabulous. But I do want it to be accurate. If that means showing me the time-stamping process in the first few seconds, that's absolutely fine with me.

Thank you so much guys! I've already received 150 submissions! This is going to be amazing! I can't wait for you all to see the installation on the website!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands