Helping Hands from 2010 - Page 29 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old November 14th, 2010, 01:01 AM   #421
Inner Circle

I had two problems.

The first was that I was shooting with my Canon t2i, and had it focused on a point, and my phone was out of focus, and you can't really tell the time.

Then, our two cats that I expected to be the stars of the show and that are always at the porch door to come in and eat, weren't there. Some unexciting footage there, as a result.
Old November 14th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #422
Trustee

I got a bit overcautious with the timestamp and let a few seconds run a minute before. Just really bummed that the minute before was one of the coolest things ever...a WWII Spitfire landing! It is in the footage I'm sending. Oh well! To the cutting room floor!
The real minute's pretty neat too.

Hey Erin... I've tried uploading to the website twice and get no message or confirmation though watching the activity monitor on the network it shows it uploading the correct amount of data. Any way to confirm you've received it so I don't do it again? Or should I just be safe and send a data DVD of the file? The original is a 1080 30p ProRes 422 QT .mov, the upload version was a 1080 30p h264 QT .mov.

Last edited by Robert Turchick; November 14th, 2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old November 14th, 2010, 02:28 AM   #423
Trustee

Wow cool project! I just saw this thread this evening and the footage I shot today of my skydive is about 90 minutes outside of the project timeframe... such a shame!
Old November 14th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #424
Trustee

Hi Erin,

I've been trying to upload my video through your web site. It's been about 18 hours now but it still says it is uploading. Is there a limit on the size for the files? I'm uploading an uncompressed AVI so it's pretty big.

Thanks,
Garrett
Old November 14th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #425
MPS Digital Studios

Need help from a web design guru, re: phpMyAdmin

Hello,

I'm trying to transfer a MySQL database from my old web host (Dreamhost) to a new one (Fat Cow). Fat Cow made some sort of web-based software to make it easy to import, but Dreamhost sent me this wiki to log into the hostname to grab the file:

phpMyAdmin - DreamHost

I'm extremely new to this, and I'm struggling to understand it. I know film, I know video, I tech stuff, but web design has always been something I never looked into. I usually had a friend design a site, but I can't find anyone to help me.

Thanks in advance for any web design guru who can possibly help!

Heath
Old November 14th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #426
MPS Digital Studios

Hey everyone,

Looks like I found some help. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks very much!

Heath
Old November 14th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #427
New Boot

Hey everybody! Sorry I've been MIA. I've been handling a lot of video! If you could upload your video through Vimeo, that would be incredible. Simultania Project on Vimeo. The stuff coming off of there is looking really good compared to the uploads off the site, don't know why. Just please make sure that you either upload it to the group or send a message to me alerting me to download it.

Robert, I can't wait to see your video! So excited. If you want to send it to me in the mail, that's fabulous too. Here's the address:
The Simultania Project
1112 Montana Ave.
Box 452
Santa Monica, CA 90403
USA

Garrett, it must not be working through the site. Could you upload through Vimeo at Simultania Project on Vimeo Can't wait to see your video!

And Chris, no worries about subject matter. Whatever was happening works for me!

Thanks so much guys!!
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #428
Regular Crew

Camera Operator Needed 11-24-10 Purcellville, VA

I need a camera operator to help shoot an interview at:

Patrick Henry College
Ten Patrick Henry Circle
Purcellville, VA 20132

Time:
Set up 1 PM
Shoot 2 PM
Length of interview 1 –2 hours

Shoot date: Wednesday November 24, 2010

Producer can bring Sony EX1, Tripod, Lights, etc. Just need someone to operate the Sony EX1.

troy.teuscher@lhm.org
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #429
Major Player

email sent
Old November 21st, 2010, 03:53 PM   #430
New Boot

Need Second Wedding Shooter Jan 15 2011 San Ramon, CA (Oakland/San Jose area)

I am shooting a relative's wedding in California on Jan 15 2011, and need a second shooter.

I operate a videography business in Texas, but do not have a second that can travel with me.

The wedding is on Sat Jan 15 in San Ramon. You would be paid hourly, and would be looking at roughly 4-6 hours of work. I typically throw in a little extra "bonus" on top if you do the job perfectly.

I can provide equipment, or if you have a HD video camera, I would be willing to pay you slightly extra.

I am only looking for shooters that have some working experience with video cameras or shooting weddings (I don't necessarily want a brand-new rookie that I'll have to train on the fly).

For more details, please email me at Jordan AT rockcottagemedia DOT com.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:28 PM   #431
Regular Crew

Looking for a shooter in the arlington tx area 12/14

Looking for a shooter in the Arlington TX ( near six flags) either 12/14 or 12/15 ( dont remember which date) for 2-4 hrs.to use in a youtube piece. Basic lightiing and wireless Lav
email me for more info and I can let you talk to the client.

John
Old November 22nd, 2010, 10:07 PM   #432
Regular Crew

Need Shooter in Phoenix, AZ, Dec. 6

All-day shoot for cable TV program. Need one shooter. We will have shooter/producer on scene. Outside all day.

tom@guntalk.com
Old November 23rd, 2010, 04:17 PM   #433
Regular Crew

shooter needed - austin, etc

Cinematographer/ dp / videographer needed for b-roll and 2nd cam live acquisition.
Knowledge of rhythm within composition all the way thru post would be delightful.
Familiarity with Sony 800s and Canon 5D preferred but not necessary.

Please send reel, rate and availability thru March 2011 to:

blackbookangel@dutchrall.com
Old November 23rd, 2010, 06:55 PM   #434
Regular Crew

Actors needed for two short films

We are looking for few good actors to act in two of our upcoming short films. The script is in English.

Short Film – 1:
An emotional story of an older couple and loss of their son. We need four actors to play the following roles:
Dad: 50 to 65 age , self employed middle class, white man.
Mother: 45 to 60 age, house wife, white woman
Son: 18 to 30 age, army officer, good looking well build white boy.
Dads friend/ neighbor: same as dad

Short Film – 2:
We are looking for two girls and a guy between ages of 25 to 35 (models preferred). And five friend’s three girls and two guys between ages of 22 to 40 ethnicity (Hispanic, White). This film is a comedy/chick flick based in NYC. Will provide more details on request.

This is a no pay project and everybody engaged in the film will get due credits and experience for profile building. We are planning to shoot this film during mid of December 2010.

If interested please contact Ansab K at films@neelosproduction.com
Old November 23rd, 2010, 06:56 PM   #435
Regular Crew

Film Crew – Camera Team – WANTED to shoot a short film

We are looking for film crew and camera team to shoot a short film. We are looking for help in the following:Lighting aid, Camera aid (anyone with minor camera handling HD DSLR preferred), Boom mic operator, Miscellaneous work (equipment handling)

A small amount of experience on another short film is appreciated but not essential
Please contact : films@neelosproduction.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands