Helping Hands from 2012 - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #151
Trustee

shooter needed in Newark - Sat 8th Sept

There is a meeting at the Newark Airport Hilton in Elizabeth, New Jersey on the 8th of September. I want to get a price for someone to shoot each of the presentations.

The meeting is the Annual SDS/MSA Support Group meeting and there are a number of speakers:

9:00 A.M. Medical Presentations
10:30 A.M. Break & Snacks
10:45 A.M. Medical Presentations
12:00 Noon Lunch
1:00 P.M. Medical Presentations
2:15 P.M. Break & Snacks
2:30 P.M. Medical Panel - Q & A
4:00 P.M. Patient/Caregiver/Survivor Breakout Sessions
5:00 P.M. Conference Closing

Why? - well my father at 82 years of age has become the full time carer for his wife (67 yrs) because she is suffering from MSA - Multiple System Atrophy - and yes- it's as bad as it sounds.

Multiple System Atrophy Awareness

he can't afford to fly over for the conference (we're in Australia) so I suggested we hire someone to film the speakers and then not only can we watch the presentations but we can make the finished product available to the organisers to distribute to members and other interested parties who couldn't make the meeting. .

I don't want to ask for a freebie (I've done too many of them myself) but if you're close the the place (I've literally got no idea where it is) and you're free on the day PM me with a quote and let me know what equip you got for the job and I'll pay via paypal if that's okay. As an alternative you could just shoot it and ship me the footage to edit.

cheers

Paul
Old August 16th, 2012, 02:16 AM   #152
Trustee

Re: shooter needed in Newark - Sat 8th Sept

and the good new is - we have a budget! - the support group feel the video is a great idea and want to pay half the cost and sell the DVD to their members as a fundraiser.

I've had a couple of replies but if anyone else is free PM me and we'll go from there.

Cheers

Paul
Old August 20th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #153
New Boot

Re: Long-term event editing opportunity

Joel
Are you still looking for editors to add to your list. If so I would be interested.

Greg
Old August 21st, 2012, 04:41 AM   #154
Trustee

Guy I hired for Rutgers Equine Science shoot?

A couple of years ago I hired a guy from the forum to assist me on a shoot at Rugers University Equine Science Dept.. We used Canon XLH1's and a Canon 7d back then. Unfortunately I can't remember your name, and can't find your contact info (pre iphone era :))
If you're still around, please get in touch.because I have another shoot comming up on Sept 29 in Freehold N.J.
Bruce Yarock
yarock at a o l dot ...com
Old August 21st, 2012, 05:03 AM   #155
Trustee

Need shooter and photog 9/29 Freehold NJ

I'm doing a 2 cam shoot , plus a photography, for an all day shoot on Sept 29 in Freehold, NJ. It's an event to sponsor amateur harness racing and an Equine students' scholarship fund,
I'll be comming up from Fla, and will need an aditonal shooter, plus a photographer. I shoot on a Sony FS100, and also have a Sony Nex 5u, which I'll also bring.
There are several activities going on simultaneously in different locations throughout the day, ending with a short concert in the evening. As for the other shooter- I need someone who is very experienced and omfortable in live event shooting and can move around on their own. I want to keep the look uniform, so it would be great to find someone who has or is eperienced shooting with either or both cameras. Also, if you have an additional wireless with hand held mic plug, that woulf\d be good. On cam light for evening.
As for a photographer- has to be someone who can move around and is experienced in live event shooting. No editing necessary. I prefer a canon shooter, so I can give you cf cards to use, and edit in our work flow.
Please contact me with your contact info.
Thanks
Bruce Yarock
Video Production Fort Lauderdale, Miami, & West Palm Beach | Yarock Video Productions
yarock at a o l dot com
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:34 PM   #156
New Boot

Hiring person to teach me Indiana/Ohio

Hi,

I'm looking to take some lessons from someone about shooting with camcorders. I have a low to middle range camcorder with tripod, shotgun, monitor, etc. and would like to learn about filming, settings on the camera, terms, etc.

My plan would be to probably come to your area and have you teach me one day and then depending on how much I can take in, I can come back the next day, or maybe one day is enough.

Not sure what your price would be, I don't want any freebies. I believe you deserve to be compensated. I do however appreciate any consideration you would give to the fact that I am new and don't have the funding of someone who may do this for a living.

Please PM me and we can get something set.

I'll drive anywhere in Indiana (for a weekend type lesson) or to some close places in Ohio, like Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus.

Thanks very much, have a wonderful day.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:31 AM   #157
Major Player

Re: Hiring person to teach me Indiana/Ohio

What kind of camera are you working with and what exactly are you hoping to learn? A little background on what you know/ what you have done would be a good starting place.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:21 PM   #158
Major Player

What kind of things are you interested in shooting?

I have a gig shooting airplanes in northern Indiana the beginning of October. No pay, but good practice tracking near/far and fast/slow airplanes.

You would be welcome to join me.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:58 PM   #159
Regular Crew

Re: Guy I hired for Rutgers Equine Science shoot?

Hey! That guy was me, heh heh! I'll send you an email, I'm interested!
James F
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:44 PM   #160
Trustee

Re: Guy I hired for Rutgers Equine Science shoot?

Hey James,
Good to hear from you. Email me your number and I'll give you a call.
Btw, did you ever see the clip we did from that shoot?

Rutgers University Equine Science Center Web Video
YAROCK VIDEOS
Bruce Yarock
Video Production Fort Lauderdale, Miami, & West Palm Beach | Yarock Video Productions
Old August 25th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #161
Major Player

Bob,
I am in Dayton and may be able to help, but here are a couple of ideas.

1. Is there a technical school in your area. If so see if they have broadcasting or video production. A good way to learn and get started.

2. What about your local Public Access Channel? Many of them have basic classes and people of varying levels of experience. You might be able to find someone to show you the ropes if you help crew one of their productions.

It might save you on some travel.
Old August 30th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #162
Regular Crew

HD shooter for a one day job in New Delhi needed

Hi,

I am producing a film in Sri Lanka, and am in need of a cameraperson with HD gear (SLR gear also acceptable) to record a short sound bite/interview in New Delhi, India. It is a paid job. Details will follow in mail.

If interested, please contact me on my e mail: dridicki@gmail.com

Thanks and best regards,

Daniel Ridicki
Videoimage
Sri Lanka

Last edited by Daniel Ridicki; August 31st, 2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #163
Regular Crew

Need shooters in FL: Tallahassee & Melbourne

PAID GIG: We need a couple of quick customer testimonials shot in Tallahasse and Melbourne within the next 2 weeks or so. This is a paying gig, needs to be shot with at least a semi-pro camera and high quality audio. We only need about 45-90 seconds of finished video and will be delivered to us via ftp in h.264. (The wrapper doesn't really matter.)

If you're available and interested, please drop me a line so we can connect. Thanks!

Last edited by Richard Lucas; August 30th, 2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Highlighting the fact that this is a paying job.
Old August 30th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #164
Major Player

Looking for work in europe

Hey guys, quick story. I'm looking to travel around europe some soon, possibly late september or october. I have friends living in Germany, Denmark, and England I could stay with. The thing I'm trying to figure out now is getting a few shoots/jobs while I'm over to get some money. Thought I'd just see on here if there's anyone in europe who could use a helping hand or has friends who would need a video/photoshoot. My portfolio is at EBourcier Creative

Also interested in anyone who'd let a fellow videographer crash on their floor ;)

Thanks,
Evan
Old August 30th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #165
Inner Circle

Re: Looking for work in europe

Evan, that could be a tough call, on a visitors visa you need time to see the country and not work your time away.

Be better when you get there and hopefully be in the right time at the right place.
I remember my first trip, the best advice I got was to have banked the return fare.
Bon voyage, take care and good luck.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands