Helping Hands from 2012 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old March 18th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #61
Regular Crew

Re: West Palm Beach ... basic light kit needed

Anyone in this DVinfo community possibly know someone in the West Palm Beach / Ft. Lauderdale area that might have a kit ?

Have been doing this craft professionally nearly 20 years , have my own light kit it's just that I utterly do not trust the airline baggage handling.

As relevant side note, my personal and professional philosophy on borrow / renting is that the equipment will be handled with care during production and returned in equal or better condition. Even if a bulb burns out I will make certain it gets replaced at my expense. If it's in my care I am 100% responsible for it.

If I need to will have my own equipment sent to the shoot location via UPS yet my alternate reason to borrow/rent from someone locally is to also meet my peers and hopefully build professional relationship.

thanks,

KC
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #62
Major Player

Re: Need San Antonio Shooter March 20 or 21

you still need a shooter?
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #63
Trustee

job is happening as I type this,
Thanks!
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #64
Regular Crew

I could have done it for you.
Old March 28th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #65
Major Player

VO artist in Montreal needed

I work for an aftermarket performance tuning company up here in Montreal and I am producing a series of DIY videos for the web among other things and we are looking for someone with VO experience (male or female, either one) to help out!

The gig is paid, obviously. If you would like some details, feel free to email me or post here, I am on here daily. Let me know what kind of rates you are looking for... I have a Zoom H4n and an XLR mic ready to go so no need to provide your own equipment (unless you have a nice mic you like to use, this one is alright, but not the best).

Videos are going to be in the range of 3-5 minutes each, and if your awesome at what you do, there will be plenty of opportunities to work on little projects here or there throughout the year! Let me know if you are interested... I have worked with people from DVinfo before, Ill gladly post their vouches for anyone that has not met me before.
Old March 29th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #66
Regular Crew

San Francisco DVCAM Capture?

I have a 2.5 hr DVCAM cassette I need to capture to firewire drive - Need this done somewhere near SF...Drop a line if you can help me out....

Mark Wieser
treehouse dv home
Old March 30th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #67
Major Player

Re: San Francisco DVCAM Capture?

I replied in a previous thread, but just in case. I can do the transfer, but you'd have to come to N. San Jose. Otherwise, VMI in Sunnyvale might be your best option: 408-745-1700.
Old March 31st, 2012, 10:13 AM   #68
Trustee

Re: San Francisco DVCAM Capture?

I also have a dvcam deck, what format are you editing? I can capture to .m2t or Canopus HQ. I'm in Emeryville right now. If you drop off a hard drive and your tape, I can do it overnight for you.
Warren
Old April 7th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #69
Wrangler

Do you live in a rural part of Mexico or China?

Here's the deal... I need one shot of someone opening curtains and looking out into a street in a rural part of somewhere that isn't the USA or Europe, donkeys and chickens running around type of thing. Or maybe rickshaws and chickens. Mexico... Thailand... etc... it's all good.

I need it filmed on a cheap still camera in video mode (720p is fine), and nothing about it should look professional, just hand held footage from someone on vacation opening their window and looking out on the street.

If you live in a place like this, or have easy access to one, please shoot me an email for details! Would be a great help.

Thanks!
Old April 10th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #70
Regular Crew

Re: Do you live in a rural part of Mexico or China?

Get in touch with JH at JH Photography. She currently resides in Mexico and may be able to help you out. One of her blog posts... The Week of Revolutionaries
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #71
Regular Crew

2 HPX-170's Rental Eastern PA 4/12/12

Hello,

Looking to see if there are any available HPX-170 cams available for rent on Monday, 4-16-12. We realize this means we'll have to pick them up either tomorrow, or over the weekend if possible.

Specially, we're looking for 2 cams, HVX200a is acceptable, but.preference will be given to 170's. We will need just the camera w/ AC adapters as we already have P2 and sticks.

Please PM us with your location, contact, and rental rate.

Mike
Old April 13th, 2012, 01:35 AM   #72
New Boot

2nd Shooter (For Wedding) June 30th Santa Barbara, CA

Title pretty much sums it up. Got a wedding booked June 30th in Santa Barbara, CA and my wife is part of the wedding party so I need a second shooter. We shoot on DSLR's, and if you've got some gear you are more than welcome to bring it, but we are equipped for two shooters. If you are free or know someone who might be interested please email

redmonddigitalmedia(at)gmail(dot)com

The couple is super laid back and really fun, bound to be a great wedding.

Thanks!
Bobby
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #73
Major Player

Re: 2nd Shooter (For Wedding) June 30th Santa Barbara, CA

If you want a quick response, I would try the facebook group created for just such a purpose:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/eventfilmhelpwanted/
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #74
Trustee

Re: Do you live in a rural part of Mexico or China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
Here's the deal... I need one shot of someone opening curtains and looking out into a street in a rural part of somewhere that isn't the USA or Europe, donkeys and chickens running around type of thing. Or maybe rickshaws and chickens. Mexico... Thailand... etc... it's all good.

I need it filmed on a cheap still camera in video mode (720p is fine), and nothing about it should look professional, just hand held footage from someone on vacation opening their window and looking out on the street.

If you live in a place like this, or have easy access to one, please shoot me an email for details! Would be a great help.

Thanks!
Does India count, Dylan?
Old April 17th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #75
New Boot

Re: 2nd Shooter (For Wedding) June 30th Santa Barbara, CA

Did not know that existed. Thanks!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands