Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 26 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 13th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #376
Regular Crew

Composer Needed for Short Film

Looking for a composer that can score my short film. The only compenstation I can offer is credit + copy. It's a short action flick so I'm leaning towards fast paced orchestral music, but I'm of course open to further ideas. Please e-mail or PM me if interested. My e-mail address is salil(at)salsunproductions.com
Old July 14th, 2007, 06:37 AM   #377
Regular Crew

Tampa Bay Area Graphics/Filmaker looking for projects!!

Hi. I am looking for some work to do with anyone in this area. It doesn't have to pay out a lot of money or anything. I'm just looking right now to build a really good demo reel. I'm very skilled on audio work, producing , Directing, writing, photoshop. My After Effects skills not as good but can do it. If anyone have any questions please shoot me an Email

Derrick Jones..........
Old July 14th, 2007, 07:10 AM   #378
Regular Crew

Hi guys, thanks for the replies (from Texas to boot!)

The project is scheduled to start at the end of August and will go through til around January/February of next year - but this mainly depends on cast and crews availabilities.

To reitirate, the job is unpaid (I did mention it but you may have missed it) - as a result I'm afriad I can't help anyone out with travel or visa's (ain't it always the way?)

If you are still interested please let me know and I can e-mail you all the details you want - including an almost-final copy of the script if need be.

Cheers once again - Jon
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:59 PM   #379
New Boot

Newbie looking for experience and a little work

I am fairly new to video and I am looking to gain some experience and a little weekend or after hours work to help pay for my new hobby.

If you are in SE Virginia and are in need of a second camera and dont mind passing on some of your hard earned experience I am available.

email me if you are interested. And we can go from there.

crumbe@verizon.net
Old July 17th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #380
New Boot

Need extra for commercial shoot in Herndon, VA

I'm shooting a commercial in Herndon, VA on Wednesday night at 10 p.m. I need an extra who will be in a swimming pool (wearing a bathing suit). The shoot starts at 10 p.m and will end at 1 a.m.

If you're interested, please email me at film@anthonyfaust.com.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #381
Doconomus

Needed: Multimedia Project Manager - Nortel - Research Triangle Park, NC - Full Time

Hello gang:

I wanted you all to be aware of a job position that I have opening in my studio in RTP, North Carolina. It's for a Project Manager position within Nortel's (nortel.com) Multimedia Services (MMS) department. Nortel is a telecom company with ~25,000 employees; the MMS department has 8 global corporate studios in locations such as Ottawa, Miami, Beijing, London, and RTP. The job description is below, and because of corporate mandate, we're looking at recent college graduates to fill the position (18 months post-graduation date or less).

Please feel free to forward to anyone you might know that would be interested in this position. However, job is for the RTP location only.

Feel free to reply to this message with questions . . . It's hard to think that when I first posted to this website many, many years ago, I was a wee lil' college student, so I understand that it's difficult to get your start in this multimedia world. These boards really have helped me out through the years . . . (and for those who might remember me, I still have that XL1 that I bought off the classified boards on DvInfo.net a half-decade ago . . . yeeeehaw!)

Multimedia Services Project Manager – Research Triangle Park, NC – Full Time

Job Description

Successful candidate will join the Multimedia Services (MMS) team at our corporate production studio in RTP, NC and be part of a virtual team of multimedia professionals working in our other high-end studios in North America, Europe and Asia.

Role includes operational and strategic responsibilities for the delivery of external/internal multimedia events in support of employee communications and training, media relations, investor relations, client and partner education.

As a Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for high visibility web events, audio and video production & promotions, multimedia editing & coordinating vendors, while working with global and regional marketing primes in alignment with corporate initiatives.

Requirements:
• Applicants must hold a graduate or undergraduate degree from an accredited college, university or graduate school in the field of multimedia, broadcasting, communications or equivalent.
• Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent writing skills necessary.
• Strong knowledge of the broadcast studio environment (video components, audio mixing/routing, etc).
• Understanding of networking in video/audio delivery, via analog, ISDN, optical transport, satellite.
• Demonstrated desire to work in the multimedia field with involvement in the latest content delivery styles: media streaming, podcasting, vid-casting, etc.
• Knowledge/experience in non-linear editing an asset (Final Cut Pro, Motion, Photoshop, etc).
• Ability to multi-task (must handle several concurrent projects) and reprioritize as required.
• Must have rigorous organizational skills and sensitivity to detail and time management on projects.
• Strong work ethic and positive self-starting abilities.
Role is predominantly day shift, but requires flexible schedule to support multimedia events globally.
To apply for this position please contact…
Kyle Mitchell
kmitchell@nortel.com
Old July 18th, 2007, 02:39 PM   #382
Major Player

Are you looking for volunteer or paid work? Just asking because I know a great composer who might be interested in working for your project, but he wouldn't work for free.

EDIT:
Wow; never mind! I don't know how I missed that in your post!
Old July 19th, 2007, 07:16 AM   #383
Doconomus

Indeed, this is a salaried w/ benefits, full-time position in the studio.
Old July 19th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #384
Regular Crew

Lighting guy/gal/crew needed for short film in Roxboro NC

I am shooting a short crime drama that will be taking place at a local bar. My former lighting guy bailed on us at the last minute and we are having to re-schedule. We were hoping to shoot this Sunday but I would not want to rush someone into this project. We are probably going to be aiming for the end of August to shoot again.

Btw I need you to provide your own lighting kit and keep in mind that this is a ultra-low to no-budget film so you will not be getting paid. You will receive credit and a copy of the film.

Last edited by Travis Johnson; July 19th, 2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old July 20th, 2007, 03:41 AM   #385
Regular Crew

If you need footage for you project

Hi folks,

If you need footage for you projects and do not have time or other resources available, try www.revostock.com community forum (footage request).

Margus
Visual-Angle
http://www.revostock.com/ViewProfile.html?&ID=5027
Old July 20th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #386
Regular Crew

Great link

Thanks for the great link. I've been looking for a site like this for some time now. Surprised more haven't popped up yet.
Old July 21st, 2007, 01:15 PM   #387
Regular Crew

DP needed for Spec Commercials

I'm looking for a talented DP to build a working relationship. I'm pursuing a career directing commercials. I've shot two so far. You can check it out at www.tangfilms.com.

My learning experience from my first two spec is to shoot HD and to collaborate with a creative DP. The camera of choice is HVX200/M2 adapter.

There is pay, although it won't be much.

tangfilms@yahoo.com

Last edited by Jun Tang; July 22nd, 2007 at 12:59 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 08:17 AM   #388
Major Player

Location! Vancouver B.C!

Hello all once again..

We are in the midst of pre production on a short film and as per Murphy's law, our main location pulled out on us at the last minute. We HAD been planning to shoot July 28th/29'th but now we are looking at August 4th/5th.

On the offchance that there are tons of vancouverites browsing these boards, i'm making a plea to anyone in the lower mainland (burnaby/vancouver/downtown) who has or know of an apartment (seedy can be good too) who would let us shoot at the above dates.

If you could shoot me an email vgurung@shaw.ca we'd mucho appreciate it.

Thanks!

Vishal
Old July 22nd, 2007, 03:39 PM   #389
Regular Crew

SF/Bay Area: Seeking a muscian to help me score a short independent film

I am seeking a creative collaborator (or a small group of people) to create an original score for a short film project. Ideally I am looking for local people in the San Francisco / Bay Area.

This film is a high definition video project that I have been filming in SE Asia since 2002. The working title "16x9" reflects the sixteen or so South East Asian nations that I have visited during nine trips over the last 5 years.

This is the first time I have presented any of my work or sought the assistance of others. My ambitions for this project are very modest; perhaps to create something worthy of entry in a few minor film festivals.

This is a no-budget production, and I am not soliciting paid help. This might be suitable as a student film project or for someone with a keen interest in this genre of films, looking for a first project to become part of.

In return, I can offer you full participation in this project, and broad creative control and credit. I’m seeking an artistic partner, not just someone to score my visual ideas.

I’d like to find someone who is used to working with Apple Macs, OS X, Final Cut Pro Studio, & Soundtrack Pro. I can provide you with this equipment if you do not have your own. I will probably consider gifting this equipment and software at the end of the project, providing the collaboration is a successful one.

I have edited this short eight minute ‘proof of concept’ in order to show some of my footage and a few of the ideas I have about this as a finished piece:

http://web.mac.com/pramsbottom/iWeb/Site/16x9.html

Large 316MB h.264 file, please view with a broadband connection and the latest version of Apple’s Quicktime. It's been hinted for web streaming but unless you have a very fast connection, you'll probably want to let it download for a while. I can also provide it on DVD.

This has not been color graded, and the sequence and narrative is not exactly what I foresee for the finished project. However the non-verbal style and split-screen motif will be central to the finished film (although I am planning on a greater proportion of full frame imagery).

The basic objective is to illustrate the range of religious, cultural and economic diversity in South East Asia during the first decade of the 21st century.

This will be supplemented with existing footage from China, Mongolia and Thailand, plus new high quality XDCAM 24p material shot in China, Tibet, the Philippines, Brunei and Cambodia during the next 6 months.

I am hoping this will be a fun and productive collaboration. I’m a really flexible individual and definitely don’t have a film-makers ego. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

Final note, the clips above includes scenes shot in Burma during April 2006 but I do not advocate tourist travel to this country, and regret my decision to visit there.

Best,

Paul.
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:13 AM   #390
Tourist

Composer/sound designer available

Hello. I am looking to get my foot into the world of composing music and doing sound design for film. I have composed for feature and short film, dance, art installations, and other misc. collaborations.

Ideally I would like to work on paid projects, but I am willing to work pro bono and deferred if the project piques my interest.

My interests as a composer are minimal acoustic/orchestral music, generative forms, non-linear music, electronic/acoustic hybrid sounds and pop electronic forms. I am a performing musician and a classically trained pianist with a music degree to top it all off.

Audio Clips (short mp3 clips in varying styles):
Asian Flute/Upbeat Intense Pop Electronica
Upbeat Fun Blues Based Dance Music
Violin/Electronic Trip Hop
Rhodes/Glitchy Jazz
Violin & Microtonal Orchestra:
Cinematic Orchestration
Round Airy Electronic Waltz
Ambient Noise

http://raymond.rnamusic.com is my website where you can view/listen to even more examples. raymondmay@gmail.com is the fastest way to reach me I am local to Seattle Washington.

Hope to hear from you!

Raymond May Jr.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands