Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 23 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old June 14th, 2007, 12:04 AM   #331
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo Gil Medina View Post
Hello Eugene,

Please check www.8cho.com.mx and www.8cho.com.mx/crea.

The first one is our website and the second one is a draft of a wedding site we are doing right now.

Regards,
Rodrigo Medina
What annoys me most about your video clips is how smooth they are with no dropped frames. What's wrong with you!

I've been told to upgrade my computer to the newest one and then I wouldn't see dropped frames when I view video content on the net, but then I encounter a site like yours and I see no dropped frames when I view your demo reel on my several years old (but rammed up to the max) computer.

Why?
Old June 14th, 2007, 01:33 PM   #332
New Boot

Motion graphics/After effects person needed

Hi,

I'm looking to create an opening sequence for all of my projects; a signature sequence with my logo. If you are interested, you can email me at charjones00@earthlink.net, or call me at 646 296 5558.

Charles
Old June 16th, 2007, 03:49 PM   #333
Major Player

short film in West Michigan

My brother and I will be shooting two short films in Muskegon, Michigan from July 15th to the 21st. You can read a little more about the two projects here:

www.myspace.com/onestorypictures

My brother's handling all the casting, but I'm looking for anyone who is interested in helping with lighting, sound, and camera support.

*i'm especially interested in your help if you have some experience in capturing great audio, on location (outdoors).

I'll be shooting with the Sony FX1 and a brevis 35mm adapter.

We may still have money left to cover your gas, and all crew/cast will be accomodated comfortably (or better) and fed well.

Also, if you demonstrate amazing skills or experience, I would consider the possibility of exchanging my soundtracking/scoring services (for your project), for your collaboration on this project.
You can listen to some of my work here: www.danielrudd.com

But mostly we'll just be bribing all talent with food, West Michigan's beatiful summer climate (and beaches), and the opportunity to express your creativity.

It's shaping up to be a great group of talented and likeable contributors.

rudd.daniel@gmail.com
www.stock20.com

Last edited by Daniel Rudd; June 16th, 2007 at 04:17 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old June 17th, 2007, 04:10 AM   #334
Regular Crew

Film man and Editor in UK available

Hi

I am experienced camera person with Canon Xl1s and edit in FCP and After Effects. Looking for work to add to my showreel, would love to add working on a music video to my show reel. Live in South of UK, near Gatwick. If you are not making money on it, then I am free.

Got anything you need help with, drop me a line.
Old June 18th, 2007, 06:30 AM   #335
Trustee

Dropped you an email on Friday, just making sure you got it !?

Cheers
Mat
Old June 18th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #336
Trustee

Wedding videographer needed in Cleveland/Akron area

I have a 2 camera wedding that I need to shoot on August 4th. I am the main camera operator and I need a 2nd "B" camera operator with camera to shoot the "safe" shots. I went out and secured a camera man for this job months ago, and then billed the client and told them I would have a 2nd camera operator...but this person proceeded to back out and claims to have already booked that day.

The actual wedding and reception are together....starting around 4 and lasting until 10-11ish at the same location. So it would be a 4-5 hours probably. I would take the tapes after the event and pay you for your time based on your skill level. I will be handling all of the editing and such so all I need is a reliable shooter to back me up with safe shots, while I do more creative work.

I am shooting this in HD using a Canon XL-H1 so I'd prefer the shooter to also have HD capabilites but will work with you if not.

Thanks!
Marty
Old June 19th, 2007, 11:48 PM   #337
New Boot

Experienced Editor/FX Artist needed for Digital Short

Editor/FX artist needed for digital short film project. We are looking for someone with a high degree of both editing and/or artistic skill. Preferably located in NC /VA/SC/MD or other Eastern U.S. regions, although we will review all responses. Experience with effects, transitions/cutting, and digital color correction preferred. We prefer an editor/artist that can be open to working in PC realm, (for a specific technical reason), HOWEVER we will be flexible with Mac-only editors if you otherwise fit our interests. We can temporarily provide you with a computer or some additional software if necessary.

This is a fun project based upon an art film/ghost story, 14-18 minutes that (hopefully) will still maintain a distinct narrative flow. We will have some designs and concepts already established for you to work with, but most importantly your creative and original ideas and/or additions will be encouraged, welcomed, and always appropriately credited. Therefore this will not be a “rush job”. We don’t have a large budget - pay will range 1000-2000+ based on experience, and level of commitment/interest. However, if you typically demand a higher salary-per-hour for what the project would entail, we will be willing work within your schedule, or discuss compensation further if you have a lot of experience and show a high degree of interest.

Please respond with a resume and/or portfolio link to rememberinggarden@yahoo.com and/or call Tony at 336-577-1421
Old June 20th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #338
New Boot

Experienced Sountrack Composer at no rate

I would post a demo reel (of songs) but I can't get that up right now. I will edit this post in the next week when I upload some songs. Then it will be far more clear where my skills are at.

I charge no rate for most indie productions, unless of course, they want to pay me.

I can do all genres but I specialize in action/drama/emotional/intense themes. Not so much "happy" music.

Thanks.
Old June 21st, 2007, 09:12 AM   #339
Regular Crew

Dude, I actually knelt and prayed for someone like you to turn up here! ;-p

Can you emulate John Williams? (hint, hint...)

-andy
andrewjmorin@hotmail.com
Old June 21st, 2007, 09:58 AM   #340
Tourist

Los Angeles digital short needs sound engineer!

I'm shooting a short film this weekend in the Lancaster area of Souther Cali and am looking for an experienced sound person with a boom and directional mic to shoot on the evenings of the 22nd and 23rd.

Film is a horror/comedy with cast of cult actors. Lots of fake blood and prosthetics will be used at the scene. Shoot is light-hearted fun with small group of professionals.

Film has already been accepted into festivals. If interested, drop me a line at andrewkasch@yahoo.com or call 423.227.3456.
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:25 AM   #341
Inner Circle

Jasper:

I'm sending a PM to. I am in Sacramento area. Where in Bay area ?
Old June 22nd, 2007, 01:02 AM   #342
Film Gal

need doc cameraman w/Sony HDV for NYC interview

I'm looking for an experienced documentary cameraman/camerawoman in NYC to shoot an interview with the lead singer of a band for a music based documentary. Ideally the person would be someone with a Sony HDV camera in order to match the footage which has already been shot on Sony HDV cameras. The interview will take place around the end of the month.

Bonus points will be give if you've got some knowledge of early UK post-punk (Joy Division, Specimen, Bauhaus, ASF, etc.) though that's not a requirement.
:)

There is pay, but it's low.

If interested, pls. send me an e-mail at tuesday234@adelphia.net

Jessica Gallant

Last edited by Jessica Gallant; June 22nd, 2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:59 AM   #343
New Boot

need cameraman in namibia africa

I have a friend that is shooting a pilot for a new show and is in need of a cameraman in Africa. The shoot would be at his ranch in Namibia and would include some hunting footage and behind the scenes material. He could always find someone to travel with them but if he could find someone close it may make things easier. This is a very special project that i know will touch you in many ways. If you know of someone or are interested, shoot me an e-mail at chuck@johnmichaeloutdoors.com

thanks
chuck
Old June 22nd, 2007, 03:51 PM   #344
New Boot

For some reason I cannot edit my original post.... anyway... here:

Although it is not a film/video, here are a few pieces that I composed just a few days ago. The reason I post it is because it could be used for a film–but I composed it originally for a trailer for my most recent film.

I have put the folder of pieces up on a file-hosting service. And the folder has been compressed into a StuffIt file.

http://www.axifile.com/?2840508

Comments please. Also, please contact me if you wish to use any of these for projects–these pieces has not been registered an official copyright yet so there won't be any problem with that. I would love to have it used in a film. In fact, I won't go off to off-topic but I actually am available for music composing for films–short and feature-length. I charge no rate, unless you would like to pay. I am based in the S.F. Bay Area. Send me a PM if you want. I specialize in what you're hearing (the pieces), action-oriented, emotional, intense, and epic themes. "Happy" music is not my best but I can do anything really.

P.S. The way to get the best sound out of this song (or any audio in general) is to use quality earphones or a good sound system. In other words–please don't listen to this on your default computer speakers, or bad ones anyway. *wink*

P.P.S. Note that these pieces are just drafts-not articulately worked on yet.

P.P.P.S. Also note that these songs end soon. But the track goes on. You will see.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 04:40 PM   #345
Regular Crew

Jasper;
What about us PC folks. I can't find a way to decompress your .sitx file on my PC.
Thanks, Barry
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands