Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 19 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old May 10th, 2007, 10:34 AM   #271
Regular Crew

Hi Chris,

If you don't have to have lyrics and don't mind a very small buyout fee, there are a few tracks here which you could experiment with:

Music Search

They're not all quite suitable but it's the most applicable search I could generate. You're looking for something around 95bpm if that helps.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Colin

Last edited by Colin Willsher; May 10th, 2007 at 10:35 AM. Reason: forgot link
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #272
Major Player

Thanks for your help George! It's very much appreciated!

Colin, your link doesn't seem to work. It comes up with the following error:

Quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'as'.

/user-functions/string.asp, line 71
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:53 PM   #273
Regular Crew

Sorry, thought it was under my name for some reason.

The shoots take place in and around the Los Angeles area.

Tim.
Old May 11th, 2007, 07:06 AM   #274
Regular Crew

Sorry Chris!

That was really unfortunate - the server went down only last night, should be up again soon I hope.

Would have been nice if my web hosts had let me know. I'll let you know as soon as it's back up and running.

Colin
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:08 AM   #275
Regular Crew

We're back up now!

C

PS: You should find 3 pages of tracks using the above search. If you aren't taken straight to the downloads page, just click the link a second time to pull up the search.
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:29 AM   #276
Regular Crew

Info Regarding Global Media pro

This is a New Zealand e shopping company. does any body have any information / dealt with this company. the site is globalmediapro.com.
They give home delivery with a reasonable price, the problem is they do not communicate in any form. it's quite difficult to know their credentials.
Ashok Mansur
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #277
Regular Crew

Sorry for not replying to this before but on top of everything else I ended up with Kidney stones.

Dom:
Thanks for you lovely words about my Dad, he was all the things you said and more, so many people owe so much knowledge that came from his 47 years !!!!!!! in the business, he and his assistants wrote the book on location multitrack music recording at a wonderful time to be in the business, it was the golden age of Music, film and Tv, let's not forget that Ealing Film Dept was the biggest Film dept in the world back then, to his final day Dad was pushing for better training using all the old skills mixed with the latest gear, he never lost his passion for film making, we were both enjoying building up the new hire side of the company, he loved working with the new camera's and monitors we bought, but the company will go on in his name, I'm sure I will find your number in Dad's address book but if not I'll inform you of the memorial service we are planning for Dad.

Tip:
I can totally understand what you are saying, in fact Dad is certainly about in the Studio, in fact our cat came wandering in the other day as I was talking away to Dad, the cat just stared eyes WIDE open right over my shoulder, funnily enough it was the first time she had come into the studio and it was the day that Dad's ashes came home :-)

I'll hunt the book out :-)
Old May 15th, 2007, 08:23 AM   #278
Tourist

Camera Assistant/grip in Palm Harbor,Fl

Hello

We are looking for an assistant to the director of short corporate videos. There will be travel from Palm Harbor, FL to varying locations, 3-5 days away. Assistant to run teleprompter and basically be the grip. Also to help setup and tear down equipment. Of course all expenses paid plus pay can be discussed.

You can get an idea of the work here
http://abundantseminars.com/listing.html

Thanks in advance
Brian Orchard
Abundant Seminars.com
727-942-3388
Old May 15th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #279
Major Player

Hope you feel better soon...

Thanks for the note back. You will enjoy that book and it will enhance your understanding of this incredible universe we call home.

Best,

Tip
Old May 16th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #280
Regular Crew

Seeking Experienced Post Prod Sound Person

We are located in Washington about 90 minutes from Seattle and we are almost ready to turn our documentary into a DVD.

Shot on Sony XDCAM HD 350, edited in FCP Studio.

Includes Narration, interior/exterior i/vs (shotgun and lav mics), conference speakers (squeakers in some cases because of off-mic probs) plus added FX and music tracks.

Duration is 90 minutes, give or take a few frames.

It's not at all bad sound-wise as is, but requires someone with a top track record to add that extra genius touch and sweeten things up for DVD release.

The kicker is, we want to release it in the first week of July....so we need the sound tweaked "right now."

If you live around here (Seattle.Portland area) or know anyone who does that would be great.

We'd like to hear from anyone interested in the project - even if it's just to point us in the right direction to get this done.
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:08 PM   #281
Major Player

How much would you ask...

I'm filming a paintball tournament series, 5 events, 1 day per event roughly 3 hours of actual tape/filming... I'm there for 8 hours + 4 hours of driving per event...

Then editing all of the footage into a 60 minute DVD and having it duplicated 100-200 times+ (He's paying for duplication)

So figure 40 hours there + 20 hours driving + x hours editing.

I'm just trying to figure out a realistic price-range, because I'm not sure how many DVD's he can actually sell vs. how much it's going to cost him to do this...
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #282
Major Player

In a case like this duplication and distribution are his problems, not yours. You need to figure out what it will take you complete the project to his and your satisfaction and then charge an hourly rate that makes sense to you.

How much do you want to be paid per hour for this kind of work?
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #283
Major Player

Shooters soon to be needed in 6 cities

Muscular Development Magazine and Mike Pulcinella Video Productions are collaborating on a bodybuilding documentary, what we hope will be the "new" Pumping Iron for this generation.

Six of the top, amateur bodybuilders from all over the country will be profiled for 16 to 18 weeks as they prepare to meet in November and battle it out at a national level contest. I estimate that we would need between 20-30 hours of footage for each of the six competitors. We will need to see them in a variety of situations, not only in the gym, but at family gatherings, on the job, in the supermarket, etc. The object is to show the hardships and sacrifices that these athletes make for this strange, misunderstood sport.

The contestants are currently being auditioned so we don't yet know in what cities/towns that we will need shooters, but I was hoping to get some input from all of you as to what your hourly/day rates would be to shoot digital video footage and send it to us here in Philadelphia.

Please supply your contact info so that I can get in touch with you if your city is among the ones chosen.

Thanks,
Mike Pulcinella
www.mikepulcinella.com
Old May 18th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #284
Trustee

Will this be USA only?

Thanks,
Vito
Old May 18th, 2007, 12:01 PM   #285
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo View Post
Will this be USA only?

Thanks,
Vito
That's a good question! I am not involved with the auditioning process so I don't know. I will find out. It's very possible that there will be some contestants from Canada. I will suggest to the producers that they consider choosing subjects from countries other than USA.

If you were part of this project, what would be your rate for shooting?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands