Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:50 AM   #211
Major Player

Yea....well....we are really looking for all kinds....just some creative minded people looking to make some cash here and there.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 05:18 PM   #212
Major Player

Will Work Wedding for Experience

Anyone need a second shooter for a Wedding in the NJ/Philly area? Just breaking into the business so I'm willing to exchange services for experience and tips from a pro. I can bring gear as well.

Canon A1
Canon HV20
Wireless Mic
Steadicam Merlin
Skycrane Jr.

I can also help with editing in Vegas. I live in Princeton NJ and willing to travel 60 miles in any direction. Let me know if you need help.

Art
Old April 2nd, 2007, 07:03 PM   #213
Inner Circle

Sorry, not in your area, but I was curious if you were happy with the Merlin or not?
Old April 2nd, 2007, 08:47 PM   #214
Major Player

yes - very nice product. I've only used it with small camera so far (HV20) but I found it very easy to use once the camera balance is set up. I'm going to mount my A1 next and give that a try.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 08:54 PM   #215
Inner Circle

Cool, thanks. I got to try one out for a few minutes and I liked it.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:51 PM   #216
Major Player

Need Canon XL2 operator(s) only! We have cameras.

Looking for at least one, preferrably two XL2 operators for summer films in Huntington, WV and Ashland, KY area. We have the cameras, and needed equipment for the projects. Need only operators. We will be shooting at least one 80 minute feature, and if time permits (prior to fall semester of college), we will shoot a second. I prefer someone in this area, this is a low budget film, but a GREAT story. Email me if you are interested...we can discuss your terms. Thanks! J
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:43 PM   #217
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
Looking for "hired guns".

We need free-lance shooters from time to time, and right now, while we're not in a pinch, I'd like to get someone (or several someones) lined up, that we can call on this year.

Ideally, we're looking for someone to shoot weddings, someone who has all their own equipment, and has wedding experience. Since ideals are usually only a goal, we're open to discussion about anything. So, here goes...

We need shooters who:
-have two, 3 chip MiniDV cameras, a wireless mic, light and batteries, tripods, monopod
-has wedding experience
-enjoys a challenge (as most weddings tend to be)
-is willing to travel all over eastern and central North Carolina

We want you to be experienced, but not so set in your ways that you can't quickly learn to shoot weddings our way. We’ll train you in our shooting style, but you must learn quickly. After you start shooting to our standards, we’ll pay as good or better than any other studio around.

Our product is considered by many to be some of the best wedding video available at the price, and we WILL maintain (or exceed) that standard.

If you’d like to discuss the possibilities, please e-mail me. We’ll meet and talk and see how things go.

Thanks,

Mark
jmarkholland@videographer.com
Old April 4th, 2007, 03:05 PM   #218
Major Player

Anyone close to Huntington, WV area?
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:39 AM   #219
Regular Crew

Shooter needed in Atlanta area 4/13 paid

Hi,

An interactive agency needs an experienced videographer from 8 am to 2 or 3 pm on Friday, April 4/13 to shoot some interviews in Cumming, GA for a client. We just need raw footage and maybe some b-roll, no editing necessary.

You can use our XL2 and teleprompter or your own cam and an assistant will be provided. Please provide a link to your reel and your fee for the day. We would like to find someone for periodic work on an as-needed basis.

Thanks,

Elizabeth Dill
Director of Online Marketing
elizabeth@aviddesign.com
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:51 AM   #220
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John L. Miller View Post
Anyone close to Huntington, WV area?
I'm not close by, but it sounds interesting. Just a thought, you might consider including the shoot dates.
Old April 5th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #221
Tourist

Is that anywhere near Gasaway?
Old April 5th, 2007, 01:10 PM   #222
Major Player

120 miles from Gasaway. Gasaway is in Braxton County, We are in Cabell. 1 hour and 54 minutes according to mapquest. As for the dates, we are VERY flexible on that. I have to maintain a job this summer, part time, in the EMS. So, I don't have them nailed down yet. But I am certain, to shoot a full feature, It will probably take a month of summer days. You can only setup and shoot so many scenes in a day. I am excited though. I think the story on this one is GREAT. I would like to have two shooters for different angles, and also someone who will recommend different shots or ways of shooting. The last thing we shot, I had to use a 17 year HS dropout to shoot it. I set everything up, and all he had to do was hold the camera and press record. I had to take out several of his shots and replace them with one on the tripod. It still wasn't that great. It was just a 3 minute mafia type movie just to help us get aquainted with the cameras, editing software, mic, etc. It was fun, but this time, we are going to get serious. If you don't laugh too hard, here is the link to that 3 min short. We are NOT shooting a mafia film for this feature, again, this was only done to learn the equipment. This was written the night before and shot the next morning. You can tell, no preparation. But as I said, we are serious about our summer film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJojwtoVtEs
Old April 5th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #223
Regular Crew

Thank you :)

Thanks for the interest -- we've obtained help. However, if you've care to forward me your info for future shooting opportunities (we do a lot of commercials, incidentially), feel free.

Elizabeth Dill
Director of Online Marketing
elizabeth@aviddesign.com
Old April 7th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #224
DV Rig Pro

Many thanks for all the responds.

No, we do not provide hotel or transport.

Yes, You can visit the show for most of the time.

Yes, we still need 2 more shooters with DV cameras

Las Vegas based are best.
Old April 9th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #225
Major Player

Ian,
Would that be Mike Savage of Fakenham Norfolk?
Sincere Condolences either way.
Dom
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands