Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #61
Tourist

Hollywood: DP/lighting needed for 5min festival short

Hey there,

I'm planning to shoot a DV short on Feb 4th and 5th and need some help with lighting/DP stuff. I can pay $200 for the entire shoot - for someone who can provide their own lighting gear.

The short will be submitted to festivals and contests, some with the potential of garnering the attention of the bigwigs. The story is unique and the film will be interesting to look at and have great performances - see below for a short synopsis. The shoot should be relatively easy - there are only two locations , two actors, and two crew (you and me).

Most of the shots are simple and static, but nicely composed. There are some silhouetted shots in a park that might be challenging. The other location is an apartment and the lighting will mainly be used as fills to the daylight, except for one night scene. The camera is a PV-GS400.

If interested, please email me at spunky_chrispi@yahoo.com and include any links to prior work.

Looking forward to it! Chris

Plot synopsis:
(you can read the script at http://www.puzzleboxbeans.com/media/essence.rtf)
Mark is anguished and sickened by reality and his existence. Upon touching a space rock that he finds in the park, Mark has a transcendent experience and subsequently becomes almost hypnotized by the way things look, feel, sound, and taste. After a day, Mark loses his hyper-awareness and becomes distraught over his return to normal reality.
Old January 27th, 2007, 10:16 PM   #62
Regular Crew

Need Underwater Housing for Vx2100 or DVX100 New Orleans

Hey all
Im producing a short film and am trying to track down an underwater housing in the New Orleans area. The shoot dates are March 2-4. I have found a place to rent it here but they are kind of expensive. Was just curious if anyone could loan or rent out their housing for either a Panasonic DV100 or a Sony Vx 2100, for a Student Film for the University of New Orleans. Thankyou

Michael Gilbert
Old January 28th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #63
Regular Crew

If the schedule allows, I wouldn't mind helping you shoot some weddings. I have an XL1s (sorry, no cash for HD yet) standard kit, but not a good enough tripod for professional pans/tilts. Static shots are fine, however. As far as lighting goes, I've not constructed a kit yet and I only have 1 42 watt CFL (not sure you would need lighting anyway).

If you happen to be short a hand, I could possibly fill in the gap for you. I'll leave you my number in an e-mail in case you need it.
Old January 29th, 2007, 09:24 AM   #64
New Boot

Need help with car camera mount

Hello everyone,

I am working on a HD commercial, shooting with the Panasonic Varicam, this weekend and I need someone who knows how to install a hostess tray on a car. If anyone is available on Saturday and is willing to travel to Chantilly, VA, please email me at anthonyfaust@hotmail.com.

Thanks.
Old January 29th, 2007, 09:58 AM   #65
Regular Crew

I can shoot
Old January 29th, 2007, 12:12 PM   #66
Tourist

Anyone who need a composer?

Hi!

Do you need a composer for your movie?

I am a musician, who have played and composed music for a long time. Lately I have started composing movie-scores. I manage a wide range of musical-genres. If you want "real" music, especially made for your movie only, just send me an e-mail with a little bit information about the movie. Click at the link, and you can listen to some of my previous work.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=615722

My e-mail: javelkjell25@hotmail.com
Old January 29th, 2007, 05:55 PM   #67
Major Player

You can try Forest at Digital Style Entertainment - He's based in the city. He carries a lot of Sony stuff, and when I last talked to him before the new year, he was going to be upgrading to HDV.

http://www.dsevideo.com

Tell him Kit sent you. Thanks
Old January 29th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #68
Regular Crew

Thanks for the help!
Old January 29th, 2007, 09:23 PM   #69
Regular Crew

Need wedding/event shooter with Canon A1?

Looking to work for someone on weddings/events over the summer near Austin Texas. I'm just a teenager without much event experience, but I can operate the camera well and I learn fast.

If you need another shooter get back to me.
Old January 30th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #70
Regular Crew

DP Needed for Full Length Feature for Fall/Winter 2007 in San Antonio/Austin, TX Area

I am still in the planning and pre-production stages of the film, but we will begin shooting later this year. I currently have a deposit for a RED One with an 18-85mm lens, but I would rather hire a DP with a RED One. I am still in the fundraising stage of production. The main reason I would rather higher a DP with a RED One and cancel my reservation due to article 181 of American Jobs Creation Act that allows sponsors and investors to write off 100% of the funds they contribute to a motion picture shooting in the US as long as 75% of the contributions are paid to the cast and crew. The length of the shoot is in the process of being determined. I was looking at originally shooting with the HD200, but RED is the way to go. The only requirements are that the DP owns and becomes familiar with shooting with a RED One, that that they have a creative eye for motion picture shooting, and that they be flexible during our shooting schedule. The position will be one of the only paid positions. Myself along with the other actors are going to be non-paid or deferred payments. They are very excited about just being part of the project.

The name of the project is SOLITAIRE and is best described as a Christian Martial Arts Drama. I would prefer not to give details on this board, but please contact me if you would like to know further details about the story and if you would be interested in working with this creative and experimental project that should truly stand out once it has been completed. This project has been in the works for many years and is finally coming into fruition. The lead roles have already been cast, several locations have already been secured with more to come, and I am in the process of storyboarding the script to help with the shoot as well. Please email me if you live in the Austin/San Antonio region and would be interested. Thanks.

Rogelio Salinas III
odysseydvd@hotmail.com
Old January 30th, 2007, 03:03 PM   #71
New Boot

Sound person needed in NJ

Whats up everyone,

I was shooting this coming weekend, Feb 3rd and 4th in Trenton NJ. If anyone would like to join me and help out I've love to have you. I'm looking for someone with some sound equipment. The story takes place inside of a car and in a Deli. It will be lot of fun.

if interested shoot me an e mail. No pay. Experience, credit, meals, and a copy of the film will be provided. Thanks

-jay_zero1@yahoo.com
Old January 31st, 2007, 08:33 AM   #72
Regular Crew

M2 for rent NYC.

M2 - HD Edition for Nikon Lenses.
Pansonic HVX 200
Marshall V-R70P-HDA 7 Inch LCD Monitor for HD/SD
and much more.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

marcin@zoom-studio.net
Old February 1st, 2007, 05:09 PM   #73
DV Rig Pro

DvMultiRig demo movie contest

We need a DvMultiRig demo movie or series of short clips, for our site.

showing set up and performance in different configurations.

500$ prize, for a full movie we will use.

100$ for short clips we will use.

natovich@inter.net.il
Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:23 AM   #74
Regular Crew

Southern Illinois 24P Videographer

Need videographer to shoot 24P in southern Illinois. One day shoot 60 miles East of St. Louis. Music video. Contact off list at: ronecentralia@yahoo.com
Old February 4th, 2007, 04:37 AM   #75
Trustee

Good idea Danny...I guess you are listening to your customers.I'll try to throw something together.
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands