Mounting JVC DR-HD100 PORTABLE RECORDER on Anton Bauer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:11 AM   #1
Major Player

Mounting JVC DR-HD100 PORTABLE RECORDER on Anton Bauer

Hi there,

I have succumbed and am just going to get the DR-HD100 hard drive and want to make sure I have all the bits and pieces I need.

I am going to use the Anton Bauer ABWMK-HD100 Firestore Mounting Plate Kit to put the hard drive on. My question is whether the hard drive mounts directly on to this or whether you have to purchase the first store mount cradle to hold the hard drive?

Many thanks.

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 08:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Hello Robert

I had to buy a cradle for my DR HD100.

If you buy a DR 100 may sure you buy the 180 min. battery, the stock 90 min battery SUCKS
Joseph A. Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:00 AM   #3
Major Player

I bought the Switronix NP-L168 in an effort to kill two birds with a stone. It is both the power supply and the holder for the DR-HD100. It works as advertised, but there are two (relatively minor) annoyances.

1) It mounts high - something that sometimes causes issues since I'm a tall shooter, and it raises the camera's profile. And, it mounts on the handle, making it harder to use the handle without finding it getting in my way.

2) I have a good supply of NP-1 batteries (which is what this contraption takes as a power source), but I always get a warning in the viewfinder that the voltage is low for the external recorder. The drive is looking for 15VDC, and of course, NP-1s deliver something along the lines of 14.4. So, it works, but the warning is annoying.

Also, when I bought the thing, it didn't come with the NECESSARY cable to connect to the DR-HD100 unit's base. I had to buy it separately, and that wasn't just annoying, it was downright stupid.
Eric Darling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems