Still no way to make firewire work with HD110 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 27th, 2008, 10:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Still no way to make firewire work with HD110

Hello,

Some days ago I posted http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=123348. The thing is that there is no way to make the pc recognise the HD110, in the last post in that thread I said I made it work, but it only work for one recording and then it stopped working again.

We have tried in 7 different pc's, some name brand like Dell (Optiplex, Precision 470 workstation, Dimension) and others general (no brand) pc's. We have tried different OS, windows Xp professional, windows xp professional with service pack 1 (only), with service pack 2, with service pack 3 and Vista Enterprise. We tried with different firewire's (on-board and slot card). Direct X is installed, firewire drivers from the card manufacturer or the own pc driver cd's. We've tried (we think) everything to make this work and it does not work anyway or anyhow and we are kind of desperate, because we record a lot of things straight to pc or if we record to tape we need the firewire to work so we can digitalize the tapes.

Firewire is not broken, because it does work under Linux!!!, we also took it to the service tech and it work on their pc's (they showed me), also the firewire in the computers work because be connect our old camera (Canon XL1S) to the pc's and it works first time with no problems (the way it used to be and should be). But we need it to work in windows because our tools are developed for windows and are the tools we are used to work with, the ones in Linux are still too basic.

Other thing is that our background is in the field of computer engineering (we went to the university and studied computer science) and we do know a little about computers, but this doesn't mean anything because we're missing something and we are in an endless loop, we can't solve this problem and we are desperate.

Can someone please give me a helping hand we dont know what else to do???
Jose Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 10:55 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Did you try hdv split or windv. They are both free programs that will capture with the 110.

Windv: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/WinDV

HDVsplit: http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm

I have used both of them live with my HD100
Tup Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello,

I will try those, but what we need is the firewire card to work with the H110 because we use Onlocation for live capturing because it provides advance tools we used for work. I truly dont understand why there is so many problems with the camera, with Canon's XL1S it works first time everytime. There's something that can be done, right???

Thanks
Old July 1st, 2008, 01:47 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Nope,

Those didn't work, the system still doesn't detect the camera. I'm going crazy we don't know what else to try!
Old July 1st, 2008, 02:12 AM   #5
Trustee

Try using the HD link capture module of cineform. Just for capturing the m2ts.
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems