HD100 Series Scene File Recipes & Downloadable .SCN files - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 19th, 2007, 09:58 AM   #106
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maier View Post
What do you mean?
This is something you do in programs like FCP or After Effects. Say that you need to brighten some clip. You can use color correction of duplicate the clip, stack the copy on a track above the original, set the blend mode to "Add" and then set the opacity to, oh say, 30%-40%.
You have to see it in action. Very easy trick to add more detail to dark clips without shifting the colors and very easy to adjust by playing with the transparency level.
Old April 6th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #107
Regular Crew

Hi there, I'm eager to download Steven Noe's Panamatch-scenefiles, but the forum says I'm not allowed to open that page. Anyone knows why?
Robin Hemerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 02:45 AM   #108
Major Player

latitude and TC3

Hey Paulo, have you measured how many stops of exposure you get with your tc3 scene file?
Amos Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:50 AM   #109
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos Kim View Post
Hey Paolo, have you measured how many stops of exposure you get with your tc3 scene file?
It's about 6.
Old April 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM   #110
Major Player

Paulo, Could you comment on applying your scene file to the HD200 series?
My feeling is that it isn't a direct translation after looking at comparision footage. I realize you may want to take some more time before releasing a 200 series scene file with your name on it, but some hints would be really appreciated!
Old April 20th, 2007, 03:46 PM   #111
Trustee

Hi Sean.

No, the HD100 color settings cannot be applied to the HD200, the 14-bit color matrix is not compatible with the 12-bit version of the HD100 and the resulting colors will be totally wrong.

I just finished arrangements with JVC during NAB and I will receive a HD250 from JVC soon. I take the opportunity to thank Marion Ciliberto of JVC for the cooperation and for making this possible. As soon as I receive the camera I will work on a version of TrueColor for that camera. This version will also sport even more accurate configuration thanks to the ChromaDuMonde chart provided by DSC.

I had a long conversation with David Corley, founder of DSC, at NAB. Truly one of the highlights of the event. David has forgotten more that most of us will ever know about color and cameras and he is very a very approachable person with a passion for education and sharing.

If you have the chance to go to any of the trade shows where DSC shows its product please stop by and take the opportunity to take a look. Very likely you'll learn something new about your camera. BTW, DSC has a new backfocus chart that solves the issue of adjusting back-focus when the lens is in wide-angle mode. Defintely worth consideration: http://www.dsclabs.com

If everything goes well I should have an HD200/250 version of TrueColor in 3-4 weeks. I will keep you posted.
Old April 20th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #112
Regular Crew

Hey Paolo,

Thanks for taking the time to do this, you do awesome work. Also thanks to JVC for the loaner.

Will your new color files for the 200/250 be for SD and HD, or just for HD?

Thanks again,

Carl
Carl Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 05:19 PM   #113
Trustee

I calibrate the cameras strictly in HD mode.

Take care.
Old April 21st, 2007, 07:13 AM   #114
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Ciccone View Post
I calibrate the cameras strictly in HD mode.

Take care.
The reason I asked is that I use your T-3 on my 100 in DV-SD and the picture is great.

Thanks
Carl Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 08:44 AM   #115
Major Player

Awesome. Thanks Paulo. You confirmed my suspicions, since I had put in yours and tried some others scene files, and results were different from those I had seen online. I don't have good color charts, or a proper calibrated monitor yet, but I don't want to compromise the footage I acquire.
Sorry if I was pushy on this, since for some reason I thought you had mentioned you already had a 200 series camera to work with.

Thanks also to JVC USA and DSC for assistance here. This really is a win-win situation for all concerned!

I'll also be very interested for your input on the picture noise that can be intermittently troublesome on the 200 series when you get yours. This might even be from some of us abusing the scene parameters - possibly even by trying to use 100 series settings (which I was guilty of doing).
Old April 21st, 2007, 08:54 AM   #116
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Martin View Post
The reason I asked is that I use your T-3 on my 100 in DV-SD and the picture is great.
I bet :)
The difference between 601 and 709 color spaces is minimal so I'm not surprised. I just wanted to make sure that I don't do any verification or test in SD.

Take care.
Old June 12th, 2007, 08:51 PM   #117
Trustee

Hello All,

Since the DVinfo server share is D.O.A. and I get the request often enough, I'll post the "Panamatch" recipe here in screenshot format.

Click here for Panamatch Recipe

Enjoy! and Keep Shooting!!
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 12:46 PM   #118
Tourist

How can I get Stephen Noe's scene files

please help. I'd love to check out Stephen Noe's scene files. Can anyone help? I tried to download them from the links but they don't work.

Thanks!
Adam Greenwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 01:24 AM   #119
New Boot

Scene Files

Hi Folks

Have had a good look through the forum, but may be missing the answer.

THe scene files that Paolo and Tim have put up, especially the true colour files, do they work on the PAL versions of the 101 and 201, and also in SD mode or only HD mode.

regards
Dean Lomax
Dean Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #120
Inner Circle

Panamatch version True color III

What are some of the qualatative differences between these two settings? They seem similar but panamatch seems to a more comprehensive list of settings.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems