It doesnt turn on at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 31st, 2006, 08:38 AM   #1
Tourist

It doesnt turn on

My HD100 doesnt turn on. It happent just a few minute after I use it on a LG L17s3a lcd monitor. It was connected through a "component video" cable. It was working fine until my battery dies. I change it for another one, but the camera didnt worked anymore, even with the AC adapter. What could be the problem?
Rodrigo Vargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 09:41 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Could be the camera's fuse has blown, this happened to be me. I gather it's possible for a short to occur when the battery is being changed.

You'll have to send the camera to JVC or one of their dealers to have the fuse replaced.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 01:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

What battery mount do you have?

A friend of mine had the same problem that Brian described above...but I just this past weekend shot a documentary and during camera setup...my camera did the same thing.

I set the timecode powered down and then it would not come back on. I started to freak...especially since my friend was on the shoot with me and kept saying that that is what his did and he had to send it in and all of that hassle.

Then I looked on my V-lock camera mount from IDX and there was a slot for fuse and a spare right on the mount. I swapped the fuse out for the spare...put a battery on and taaaadaaaa...my camera came right on.

I am thinking the battery mount fuse saved me from the fuse issue that a lot of folks have had...my mount fuse blew instead of the internal camera fuse.

So if you are lucky enough to have the IDX V-lock battery adapter like mine...check to see the fuse...now the fuse that had blown did not look blown...swap it anyway. It saved my shoot and my nerves.

My friends Aton Bauer mount does not have an onboard fuse setup...it relies on the camera.
Old January 1st, 2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Major Player

Tim, Not sure if the AB HD100 mount has a fuse or not but all the other AB mounts I've seen do have a fuse but it's internal to the mount. Requires disassembly of the mount to get to and isn't a common type fuse so not easy to replace. It would would worth checking before sending a cam back to JVC.
Rob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 06:37 PM   #5
Trustee

Can't you check whether it's the camera or not by using the AC adapter power?

Trying the AC adapter rule out and incriminate a fuse in the battery adapter.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems