Can I use the GY-HD111E With my JVC SD monitor? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 28th, 2007, 03:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Can I use the GY-HD111E With my JVC SD monitor?

Hi,

I am just about to take the plunge and go for the HD111E (UK model with FW in) and I have a quick question about monitors.

I have a 15" JVC TM-H150CG SD broadcast monitor (see spec at http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/publi...=jvc_tm-h150cg)

Y: 1.0 V (p-p), 75 ohms, negative sync
C:0.3 V (p-p), 75 ohms (PAL)

I am interested to know if I can use it with the HD111E and in what modes. It has BNC and S-Video inputs and supports 750 horizontal lines.

According to the JVC web site (http://www.jvcpro.co.uk/item/index_html?item=GY-HD111E) it has the following video outputs:

Analogue composite output: 1.0 V (p-p), 75 ohms, unbalanced (RCA)
Analogue component output:Y: 1.0 V (p-p), 75 ohms, unbalanced (RCA)
PB/PR: 0.7 V (p-p), 75 ohms, unbalanced (RCA)

Can anyone help?
Alex Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 05:22 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Alex - Yes you can use your JVC monitor but of course only in SD - we used to use a JVC TM140 to monitor with a JVC HD101E a while back - nice picture. However this was replaced with an 8.5" Sony HD monitor for location work.

If it's the same set up as the TM140 (sounds like it is) connect the camera and monitor via one lead (composite) phono one end (camera) to BNC adapter at the other (monitor) - is this the info you were looking for?

Regards: Stu
www.studioscotland.co.uk
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 05:50 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Stewart!

Yes this is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Out of interest will the HD480/60p mode work with the monitor or are all HD modes out of play?

Alex
Alex Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 06:16 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Wren View Post
Out of interest will the HD480/60p mode work with the monitor or are all HD modes out of play?
I have the same JVC monitor and a 110U and they work fine together. I use a RCA to BNC converter and hook a BNC cable from the composite out on the camera to the monitor. All modes should work. However, the camera will convert it to 29.97 interlaced.

Matthew
Matthew Rogers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems