HM100 Production Model In Sight Yet? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:32 PM   #1
Trustee

HM100 Production Model In Sight Yet?

The HM100 is supposed to be shipping out in a week (according to previous schedule announcements), so has anyone seen one yet?

Is there any news on HM100 at the show? Or are we still looking at the same pre-production model that has been making the rounds.

Any production model low-light mode footage yet?

Or is the release of the HM100 been delayed?
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Wrangler

No delay. The word is that it's shipping in a week.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 12:17 AM   #3
Trustee

Thank you!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:38 AM   #4
Major Player

They have been out here on sale in China for about a month now.

Dan
Dan Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:13 AM   #5
Major Player

hi dan,
have you heard any feedback on them?
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:06 PM   #6
Trustee

Does anyone know if the HM100 comes with the Anton Bauer battery, or just the mount? Sounds odd, but B&H list "Anton Bauer Gold mount" and don't mention the battery, and JVC's web site doesn't specify, or at least I couldn't find it.../Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:37 PM   #7
Regular Crew

HM700 and Anton Bauer Mount

Battle,

I believe your question applies to the HM700 and not the soon-to-be-released smaller form, HM100. There are a number of other threads on this forum that have discussed various battery configurations with the new 700. The only thing that AB makes that will eventually work with the HM100 is their ElipZ system.

When I spoke with Anton Bauer reps yesterday, they said the special adapter cable (the correct ElipZ power cable is J100-ADP-ELPZ) was likely still 1-3 months away from being released to support the ElipZ battery system. For the time being, I plan on using the JVC BN-VF823 Lithium-Ion extended life Battery Pack for the HM100.

Cheers,

Michael Lafleur
Michael Lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:20 PM   #8
Major Player

I took some low light footage at NAB with a production model. I will post the video Sat when I return from Vegas I shot 1080 24p 0,3 and 6 gain.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:50 PM   #9
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Rhodes View Post
I took some low light footage at NAB with a production model. I will post the video Sat when I return from Vegas I shot 1080 24p 0,3 and 6 gain.
Excellent! Looking forward to seeing it very much.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:21 PM   #10
Major Player

Brian , can you already share your impressions: likes and dislikes about the camera?
Old April 24th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I've joined the queue at Pro-Av (UK). HM100, wide angle adapter, extra battery. Due in Tues/Weds. Will pick up in person. My son is running the Blenheim Palace (q.v.) 7K a week on Sunday. Will grab some shots as a real world test once I've figured it all out. Be interesting to see how the w/a adapter works out....

Cotty
Steve Cottrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #12
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lafleur View Post
Battle,

I believe your question applies to the HM700 and not the soon-to-be-released smaller form, HM100.
Oops, you're right. I'll look up the threads, still wondering "what comes in the box" as JVC doesn't specify anything but the mount, no mention of the battery...Thanks for the correction! :) /bvaughan
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 10:19 AM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cottrell View Post
I've joined the queue at Pro-Av (UK). HM100, wide angle adapter, extra battery. Due in Tues/Weds. Will pick up in person. My son is running the Blenheim Palace (q.v.) 7K a week on Sunday. Will grab some shots as a real world test once I've figured it all out. Be interesting to see how the w/a adapter works out....

Cotty
Steve. Is the price as per ProAvs website? I have a demo booked for the HM100 with a dealer in Exeter, so hopefully it should be next week. Looking forward to it.
Old April 26th, 2009, 02:31 PM   #14
Major Player

HM100 availability?

I was at B&H today and asked when the GY-HM100 would be available
they told me that it would probably not be available in May and could be delayed up to
3 months. Someone in this forum said it would be available early May. Can anyone confirm this?
Kajito Nagib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #15
Trustee

The official announcements have been the end of April. I haven't seen any official announcements to change this.

Above Tim says the word is that delivery is on schedule, but I don't know where the word comes from. He has a working relationship with JVC, and he was just at NAB with JVC, so I presume the word is from JVC.

A few weeks ago a regional/area (I'm not sure of the difference) rep told me JVC expected to have a couple of thousand of the HM100s sold by the end of April. However, the rep did not say whether JVC was planning to actually deliver the cameras. Maybe just sell them? I didn't think to ask.

Since where in the delivery chain the cameras are doesn't really involve any trade secrets, I don't know why JVC is remaining silent on the subject. It would seem to JVCs benefit to let people know when the cameras would be available.

Unless, of course, there is a major problematic development, and the company doesn't know what to do.

Since B&H has been selling the camera -- and charging the customer -- for the last couple of months, it is certainly reasonable now to be told when the cameras will be shipped.

If there is no official news in the next two days, I expect I will cancel my order, and reorder when and if the camera does ship -- and after the professional reviewers have received production models to review.

====
And there is still no low-light footage from the HM100, even after NAB. I am sure JVC has had access to a production camera if they exist and could have shot a few frames to demonstrate the "outstanding low-light capabilities."

I think most conspiracies are bunk, but there is a point where coincidence is over-rated.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems