any firmware ? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old August 14th, 2006, 11:32 PM   #46
Inner Circle

Roman, what happened with your meeting?

While you are there, could you ask if it is possible for somebody to arrange to get a camera SDK/limited SDK, so I can program a new compression scheme? But do this after you find out about everything else.

Thanks

Wayne.
Old August 15th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #47
Regular Crew

Today I got a call from Mr. Durte. His responds was that there is nothing wrong with my camera . I just left him a message i want to know about a footage that gave it to him on my card. I will get to you guys as soon as i get a call back
Old August 15th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #48
New Boot

Thanks!

Thank you very much for doing this and please do keep us posted.
Old August 18th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Hello Guys yesterday I got my camera back from Sanyo. Camera was not in need of repairs I was told by Mr. Duarte So my purple dog , leaves and terrible low light footage are just part of my imagination. Personally I’m DONE with Sanyo I’m giving my camera to my sister she is 10 to play with. I was lucky I was able got hold of Sony FX 1E camera. Footage is unbelievable so I’m moving to Sony FX1 forum . Here an address for repairs for cameras with split screen issue if you have this address already then guys sorry

Customer Care Service
11343 Moorpark St.
Studio City CA 91602
Tel 1 (818) 508 0947
PS.please provide valid receipt or proof of purchase

And you want to give a call to Mr. Duarte and tell him how “great” Sanyo HD camera is here is his Phone number 1 (818) 717 2755 Ext. 457

Last edited by Roman Oulko; August 18th, 2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old August 19th, 2006, 03:57 AM   #50
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Oulko
I was lucky I was able got hold of Sony FX 1E camera.
Hope you're getting a nice BIG case to put it in!
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=39573
Old August 19th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #51
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis
Hope you're getting a nice BIG case to put it in!
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=39573
At least it worth it
Old August 21st, 2006, 04:04 AM   #52
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Oulko
Today I got a call from Mr. Durte. His responds was that there is nothing wrong with my camera . I just left him a message i want to know about a footage that gave it to him on my card. I will get to you guys as soon as i get a call back
Yes, I suspect they think it is suitable "consumer" quality, though I rarely meet a consumer with a "purple" dog. Some people might think this makes Sanyo look less than top (hint*2) but how good can we expect outside the top manufacturers? If the video codec function, function, and reliability of this camera was on the level of the JVCHD1/10 it would really shine, which is great for consumer (I like XDCAM HD quality for low end professional).

Pity, I beautiful camera in ways.

Thanks Roman.
Old September 19th, 2006, 12:43 AM   #53
Inner Circle

Roman some thoughts have been occurring to me recently:

Maybe when they say that a purple dog is not a defect, that purple lines are not a defect, and other such things, they are really saying that even though it is a problem it is within the expected range of performance of the camera. I also wonder if the diagonals blocking problem might be some Mpeg4 specification issue, which would mean it is a hitch of mpeg4 performance, or that there could be some codec/viewer out there that would display it properly.

I'm not saying these things are ideally acceptable to us, but that they might never have designed the camera to be without them.

Last edited by Wayne Morellini; September 19th, 2006 at 10:51 PM.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)