New FREE teleprompter web-based app - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 19th, 2009, 01:40 AM   #91
Major Player

Well done mike works really well and with good range of options. - (I'm not concerned with mirrored text.)

However, when I downloaded it, Windows couldn't open the file with a .php extension.

Any suggestions.

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #92
Regular Crew

I am guessing you did something wrong when downloading. The downloaded page should be .html

If it by some chance got the right page with the wrong extension, you an just try renaming it.
Old October 21st, 2009, 08:03 AM   #93
Trustee

Hi Mike just did a short clip of my new set-up and it shows your prompter too:YouTube - Studio

Sorry for low res pic we have bad broadband today so it had to go up at i-pod res.
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #94
Regular Crew

Thanks for the plug Gary! Nice setup.

Just to update everyone - EasyPrompter is still under active development. I just resolved an issue that's been bugging a few of you - under certain circumstances, when using reversed text, some lines would show up out of order. There was also an issue with IE where sometimes the text didn't reverse properly. Both the online and standalone versions have been updated so grab the latest (1.0.7)!

EasyPrompter - the best free online teleprompter.

thanks
-Mike
Old November 27th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #95
New Boot

Line Spacing?

Hey, thanks VERY much for putting this together...is there an option somewhere to adjust the line space between sentences?
Steve Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #96
Regular Crew

Sorry - been a while since I checked this thread. Currently there is no such option. Good idea though. I'll keep it under advisement.
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #97
Major Player

!SKNAHT, ekiM

(Just trying to add a little humor in the title).

BTW, CONGRATS on the (relatively) recent birth of your daughter. (No wonder you've been away for a while, but over time doing that job will ultimately be more rewarding).

GREAT work. I know how tedious it is to wrestle with browsers. I gave it up a while ago, and never even got to the the level of complexity you've been working at.
I just discovered this thread - and your product - and expect to be using it within the next couple of days.

All your effort, (especially in the face of preparing and caring for a newborn), is GREATLY appreciated.
(NOW IS THE TIME FOR EVERYONE TO HIT THAT "DONATE" BUTTON; hopefully it's enough for you to start a college fund for your little angel ;)

Will provide any feedback once I get this upcoming job completed.

!niaga, SKNAHT

sineD

PS: I just noticed where you're located. We're actually very close to each other, maybe 15 miles for a crow. Keep me in mind if you ever need a hand with any any jobs.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.

Last edited by Denis Danatzko; January 20th, 2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason: PS
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 04:05 PM   #98
Major Player

Elapsed Time in Standalone version?

Been playing w/your product; some w/the net-connected version, mostly with the standalone.

Running FireFox under Vista Home Premium on laptop; XP Pro on desktops.

I notice the standalone version I have (1.0.7) doesn't include the option for the elapsed time window.
Not sure if I did something wrong when downloading, if there's an option box I haven't noticed, or it simply hasn't been added. The option is clearly visible and active in the net-connected version. But, if you're looking for suggestions, having that in the standalone would be helpful.

Other ideas/niceties that come to mind (but certainly aren't necessary) include other display options in addition to highlighting. How difficult to add ability to use italics, bolding, and underline? Those would be handy for VO work and/or anyone reading-back. I tried normal HTML tags, and both opening and closing square braces, similar to [pause], but no joy.

Being able to change the highlighting color might also be helpful.
Also, ability to move/click & drag the elapsed time display (once it's been added to the standalone) might be helpful, too.

More if/when I get ideas.

BTW, In my previous post I offered congrats on the birth of your daughter. I don't know what made me presume your newborn is a daughter, but congrats too, if you have a new son. Both are a blessing and change your perspective of what is important in life.

Thanks again.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #99
Regular Crew

Thanks Dennis and you're correct - it's a daughter :)

You're not doing anything wrong - the standalone version doesn't have an elapsed timer. The 2 versions have a somewhat different codebase so it was more difficult to work the ET into the standalone. Again - time restriction.

Also, going forward, I'm going to drop support for IE6 since even microsoft is encouraging people to switch (anyone who's ever written a website for several browsers that HAD to work with IE will surely understand).

With that restriction gone, I should be able to do a few more things.

I'll keep your suggestions in mind. I am also considering a "premium" version that will have more features and the ability to save scripts etc. Let me know if you'd be interested in that.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 04:34 PM   #100
Regular Crew

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of adding a "Pro" version to EasyPrompter. Some of the features would include:

- Saving Scripts
- Saving speaker profiles (for instance if speaker A always reads at speed 1 with font size 60, you can save it and then quickly apply it to a script - can also be used to easily account for hardware changes)
- More config options (like colors, etc)

I'd like to gauge interest in a product like this. This would be a subscription service. I am guessing I'd charge something like $10-$20/month for the service.

DVInfo members that have contributed to the development of EasyPrompter and anyone who has donated will get a free membership for a year.

I don't yet know how long this will take me to develop since some of these features are kinda complex, but I am just curious what everyone things of the idea.

Any comments are welcome.

Yeay / Nay?
Old February 4th, 2010, 11:29 PM   #101
Trustee

AWESOME APP,
many thanks!
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:17 AM   #102
Regular Crew

Just an update - enrollment in the private beta of EasyPrompter PRO is now open!
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-...a-testers.html
Old November 4th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #103
Regular Crew

I finally rolled out PRO!

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-...ml#post1585032

in case the mods consider that a marketing link, please check out the site for updates:

EasyPrompter - The free, web-based, plugin-free, browser independent, online and offline teleprompter and auto-cue software!

DVINFO members get a discount too - use coupon DVINFO25 go get 25% off your subscription

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion