how often do you go through UV lenses? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 5th, 2004, 07:50 PM   #16
Contributor

Yeah, Frank, I've got kind of an emotional problem with selling all that stuff. I do have the 105mm, by the way, and a really cool 24mm. All the Nikkor lenses are the slow f-stop ones, which were sharper than the faster lenses.
There was a time way back there in the dark ages where I went for a year or two and almost all the money I made was from still photography--slide shows with the Nikons, and studio product photography with the view camera and Hasselblad. The 4X5 Schneider lenses I have are selling for over $2K new at B&H these days...so I dunno...I may just hang on to that stuff forever.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2004, 07:59 PM   #17
Outer Circle

I would just hang on to the stuff. You'll never make your money back selling them unless everything is "mint."

I'm still kicking myself in the *** about that old Yashica large format I used to own, and my old house, my old 320i, Duck 900SS, the shape I used to be in when I was 30, my old girlfriends, when the Canuck Buck was higher than the US Buck, etc etc. :-))

Back to the topic now. I like those slim Hoya UVs. :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2004, 10:10 PM   #18
Inner Circle

You'll make more in stocks than from collecting old photography equipment. If you had a Leica, it would be worth a bit more than you bought it for. Stocks on the other hand would be worth a lot more than you bought em for.

Of course stocks can cause you to go nuts because they will swing down in price from time to time.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #19
Wrangler

Save your camera, Bill.

I looked at the going price for F3's (what I have) with motor drive. The best they fetch is around $300. Pro shops are asking $600 and getting no takers.

Gonna keep mine and the 10 lens.

Even my RB67 isn't worth much.

Bet I can't give away the enlarger. and the 4x5"s
Old February 6th, 2004, 08:39 AM   #20
Major Player

Bet you could give 'em away. I'll take 'em.
Rob Belics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2004, 09:13 AM   #21
Warden

I get two, maybe three enlargers donated to the school every week. I've got so many already, all I can do is carry them to the dumpster. It's kind of sad, but nobody really wants them. Occasionaly I get a neat piece of darkroom gear (nice grain focuser, sodium safe light, programable digital timer, digital thermometer) but most of time it's junk.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2004, 09:58 AM   #22
Major Player

Either of you guys, I'm serious. I'll take any working stuff you've got.
Rob Belics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2004, 10:51 AM   #23
Warden

Rob, email me off list and I'll see what I can get together for you. I don't want to mislead you, most of the equipment is lower end 35mm enlargers and related accessories. The lenses are in the same league, no Leica or Schneider enlarging lenses, mostly low end stuff from Vivitar and Bessler. The trays have seen better days and I doubt the thermometers are accurate. Timers are usually broken but occasionally I get a nice one, same with safe lights. The paper and chemistry are of unknown age, so I usually pitch it (the city takes chemistry for proper disposal).

Very little color equipment. Now and then the Vivitar color enlarger show up, but that's about it, no drums, baths, etc.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2004, 11:06 AM   #24
Major Player

Doesn't sound like anything I'd want then, Jeff, but you know what I'm looking for so let me know if you get anything. Thanks.

Mike, email me if you want to part with the RB67, 4x5s or enlarger.
Rob Belics is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion