purchasing a camera +general questions. Advice needed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 29th, 2009, 05:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

purchasing a camera +general questions. Advice needed

I've been thinking about buying a secondhand mini dv camcorder (xl1/xm2/pd170/dv100) but i know there's no way of telling where the camera has been (locations-ie beaches) or exactly how many hours the camera has done!

So, is it worth skipping (used) SD mini dv camcorders and just going ahead and looking into (new) HDV?

Also, i hate buying things on credit (paying off each week). If i purchase items, i like paying for them outright, but at the moment-in this climate.I can't.
What are your thoughts on buying a camcorder (for instance) and paying it off each week. Is there anything i should look out for? PLUS, can i buy direct from manufactures?

Sorry, for any spelling mistakes. Thanks for any advice. :D Andrew
Andrew Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2009, 03:21 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Andrew - PLENTY of used HDV cameras available - they've been out for a few years now... you don't HAVE to buy new.

spend some time reading up on the various cameras - DVi is great to learn the options, but you'll have to invest some time.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion