Which cam will get you the "smoldering babes"? :) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Closed Thread

Old November 1st, 2002, 12:29 PM   #16
Trustee

Hahaha Kermie, spoken like a true Aussie bloke!...And no, of course I wasn't thinking of anything like that myself ;)
Old November 1st, 2002, 02:59 PM   #17
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by DocuWild : So its all for the chicks (and lets not exclude the other gender) and the hot studs? Now that explains a lot :) -->>>

The hot studs are easy. We guys go gaga for a babe with a cam.

<<<-- Originally posted by Barry Goyette : I don't know....The more stuff I have strapped to my xl1s, the more I seem to attract the attention of 50 year old men. I think the smouldering babes are attracted to power.... so maybe a bigger battery. -->>>

You're not doing something right. :)

<<<-- Originally posted by LHORIZON : Indeed...

I think a combination of the above tacked prominantly on the XL1S Camera could yield excellent results.

Another might try having someone else holding the camera, while you explain how you would place them, the would-be smouldering subject, in your film. As the director/producer... -->>>

The ladies better keep an eye on LHORIZON. He's got a method to the madness.

<<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : It's sad, but I've had more men come up to talk to me about the camera than women. Now if I had it with me at a night club, that would probably all change real fast. -->>>

Sounds to me like you've got a whole new angle to work. Nightclub movies.

I say you have to roll up like a big shot, and let all the ladies know you shoot digital like Lucas. (No need to explain the HD v.s. DV difference). If I had an XL1s I'd have to have one of those folding chairs for directors and I'd jump around alot no matter what scene was shooting. I'd allways move like I was shooting a major action scene (note it'll be a static shot of two people talking).

Now if you're not shooting with the XL but the GL2 or VX2K then the tripod is key. That adds the total pro look. Then later on you can invite a hottie back to the studio to check out the dailies, especially if you and Dylan are shooting Nightclub movies. (I'm having way to much fun with this topic).

-Vinson
Old November 1st, 2002, 05:53 PM   #18
Regular Crew

"Checking out the dailies...." Yes.. and since we're shooting DV and not Film, we blame some errand boy that don't have any dailies to look at... so WHAAAAT should we do then.... *hint hint nudge nudge poke wink wink*

(Yes, i know you could get out the DV tape and show her but where's the fun in that)

(and i too have to much fun with this topic :)
Old November 1st, 2002, 05:59 PM   #19
Major Player

An Alaska twist to the story line

At Roll Cast Productions......we go back to the clubs & lodges in town<insert small town America> after a long day of shooting & fishing.

The smoldering babes go for the camera jockey with the XL1s, and after the 1st jockey goes over all it's features, we switch out camera jock's and film the "conversations" with the smoldering babes after they are comfortable........

Watching the footage later in a sober state.........I know why I don't consume alcohol for a "sport" any more <;P
Old November 1st, 2002, 06:52 PM   #20
Wrangler

I volunteer to take my XL1 down to the beach and try to pick up babes. All in the name of market research of course. Just have to ask my fiancee if it's OK with her first. I'm sure she'll say yes. ;)
Old November 2nd, 2002, 12:59 AM   #21
Regular Crew

You definitely have to report back to us on that one.

-Vinson
Old November 2nd, 2002, 01:19 AM   #22
Slash Rules!

Just tell em you're with "Girls Gone Wild" or "Wild On (insert name of region to which beach belongs)"
Old November 2nd, 2002, 02:45 AM   #23
Outer Circle

artstar,

You want to meet women? Here's a couple of good places.

1) Summer time at Grand Beach, especially during long weekends. Grand Beach is about 45 miles north of Winnipeg.

2) Winnipeg Socials (every weekend - winter to summer)

3) Summer time anywhere in small town Minnisota, North Dakota, and South Dakota. I used to like the lake area of Northeastern Minnisota.

4) The Midwest.

5) Florida

Good luck.
Old November 2nd, 2002, 07:01 AM   #24
Major Player

i get more chicks with my boom than with the camera rig.
Old November 2nd, 2002, 07:32 AM   #25
Regular Crew

At my spot in life if I get a smoldering babe I grab a fire extinguisher and put her out :0)
KennJ
Old November 2nd, 2002, 12:26 PM   #26
ChorizoSmells

The XL-1(s) has my vote for attraction power. I've walked into clubs and other guys have vx2000's shooting away and they all wilt when they see me pull out the XL-1. They really shouldn't because the vx2000 is a good camera but the cool look of the Canon just blows away the sony(all sony's). The women look at it as if it's a weapon/super camera, but looking like a pro you can pull off things the other guys can't.

One example, went up to Tokyo, was shooting a goth/metal band event, saw one woman with a wicked corset on, asked her to model for me there in the club, shot some video with the XL-1, got her email address and told her I would send some video captures and also said I would like to properly shoot her with her corset and other cool clothes if I came back up to Tokyo again. One month later she calls and says she'll be in Osaka where I live in a few days and wants to come over for the shoot. I shot a bunch of video of her in her corsets here at my place. I wonder if she would have reacted the same way if I had a smaller handycam type camera. I like to think the look of the XL-1 had a big part of it.

one funny thing out of this, she forgot her high heels shoes at my place, so when I went to Tokyo about 2 weeks ago, I took them with me to give them back to her, we didn't get to meet up so I was running around with my friend filming a metal band and I told him the story so he wouldn't get any weird ideas of me with a pair of leather high heels in my backpack with all my camera gear.

Dylan's idea sound great, in the name of "research" take the same guy using an XL-1(s), VX2000, and the new panny 24p. see how many girls he can pick up with each camera, looks like the making of a new article for the watchdog.

Now women shooting with an XL-1 is very, very sexy, not to mention way cooler than a guy holding the XL-1. My wife won't shoot with it, says it's too heavy, she'd rather use my old sony vx-1000, but she still looks great hold the sony!

And as for security guards, they would much rather be us shooting with these cool cameras than doing their job, so in their jealous reaction, they do the only thing they can do in their position, mess with us. At least that has been my experience here.

In regards to the night club movies, one way to win them over is to hand them the camera and tell them to shoot some video of you. Now they have all probably shot video with the smaller cameras, but have never touched an XL-1(s) before. Yours could be their first one!!! This will work equally with male or female XL-1(s) owners. So the next time you see a cute guy or girl and you want to meet them, a sure way to get their attention is give them the camera and tell them to shoot some video of you.
Old November 2nd, 2002, 02:15 PM   #27
Regular Crew

have you guys seen what the Panasonic AGDVX100 looks like with the Bellows type Matte Box attached from Cavision?

Take a look:

http://homepage.mac.com/fredthorsen/Photo_Albums/PhotoAlbum8.html

All I can say is "WOW".
Old November 2nd, 2002, 02:31 PM   #28
Trustee

Dylan, if we don't hear back from you soon then we'll assume your still at the genitalia re-attachment clinic and you're fiance didn't take to the question too kindly. :)
Old November 2nd, 2002, 02:55 PM   #29
Air China Pilot

<<<-- Originally posted by daremo1971 : have you guys seen what the Panasonic AGDVX100 looks like with the Bellows type Matte Box attached from Cavision?

All I can say is "WOW". -->>>

That looks pretty sexy.

Though for some reason it makes me want to play "Battlezone".
Old November 3rd, 2002, 12:12 AM   #30
Regular Crew

There's liable to be a shoot out if I walk into a place with that thing. That's not a camera, that's one of the armies new tactical weapons.

-Vinson
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion