Which cam will get you the "smoldering babes"? :) - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Closed Thread

Old November 3rd, 2002, 12:28 AM   #31
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Keith Loh : <<<-- Originally posted by daremo1971 : have you guys seen what the Panasonic AGDVX100 looks like with the Bellows type Matte Box attached from Cavision?

All I can say is "WOW". -->>>

That looks pretty sexy.

Though for some reason it makes me want to play "Battlezone". -->>>

I drove by Cavision Friday on my way home. I was too scared to go in. I had my credit card with me. Safer to just drive on. Seriously, if I went in, I'd have bought one once I saw it on the end of an XL1 in person. Damn, now I want one again. Good thing tomorrow is Sunday.
Old November 3rd, 2002, 01:54 AM   #32
Air China Pilot

I totally want a foreskin for my Xl1.
Old November 3rd, 2002, 05:49 AM   #33
Slash Rules!

I'm getting one. Is there anything special I need to know about ordering from Canada?
Old November 3rd, 2002, 07:20 AM   #34
Outer Circle

Yes. The US, Canada and Mexico have a free trade agreement. Hope that helps.
Old November 3rd, 2002, 01:51 PM   #35
Slash Rules!

Grrrrr. I was just saying. . .I've never ordered anything from out of the country.
Old November 3rd, 2002, 04:23 PM   #36
Major Player

Canada is roughly 35% cheaper! WOO WOO!

If you can find it, $$$, not marked up and fiddled with.

I bought some K2 AXIS PRO Skis there for practically nothing.
Old November 3rd, 2002, 04:57 PM   #37
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Keith Loh : I totally want a foreskin for my Xl1 -->>>

LOL!!! That's so totaly rude.

Josh, be prepared to pay taxes on it when it enters the US. Also, be warned if you ship UPS they will want to charge you an extra handling fee for dealing with customs for you. At least $50. USPS does this for free. I've never used FedEx so I don't know about them. I've had some big ticket items come in to Canada from the US using UPS and never paid tax on them, but I've also paid $80 in tax +UPS handling fee on top of a $70 item. It's like Russian Roulette with UPS.

I hear bad stories about USPS, but I've never ever had a problem with them, and if your item is insured, what's the diff?

Maybe someone can give opinions on FedEx?
Old November 3rd, 2002, 06:47 PM   #38
Trustee

Usually brokerage is included with the next day or second day service. This turns out to be cheaper than the so called economy rates when the extra charges are factored in. Call UPS and Fed Ex and ask. Coming out of canada, into the US Purolator Courier does a really fine job. I ship paperwork or small items from Barrie, Ontario to Niles Michigan every week. For $27.17 Canadian ($17.50 US) , the pack is in Niles at 9:30 am, next morning and the brokerage is included.

http://www.cavision.com/
Old November 6th, 2002, 10:18 PM   #39
Regular Crew

The Matte box could definitely hit big with the chicks.

-Vinson
Old November 7th, 2002, 11:59 AM   #40
Air China Pilot

All this talk of rods and hard shells is just the type of thing to get the chicks.
Old November 8th, 2002, 11:09 AM   #41
Trustee

This thing is getting way off topic, so I thought I'd bring it back. Saw Femme Fatale last night. Still trying to figure out if it was a waste of film stock or not, but newcomer-actress-supermodel Rie Rasmussen....holy toledo....

Anyway I did a google search on her this morning and came across this interview with her. Despite my opinions previously stated....this is one girl who gets a little tingle when she sees a camera... check it out.

http://models.com/model_culture/tales_model/rie/

Barry
Old November 8th, 2002, 06:12 PM   #42
Warden

Just to alert the readers, I'm going to split the Cavision part out and into it's own topic tonight, when I have more time.

Jeff

Done. The Cavision matte box discussion went here http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...5&pagenumber=1
Old November 9th, 2002, 04:37 AM   #43
Regular Crew

Than you Barry :) Was getting a bit worried that we turned a perfectly example of male (even though we haven't been sexist and turned away the gals yet. Everything said can be applied for the other gender aswell) hormone sprouting with a twist of nerdyness (tech & babes) into a pure technological discussion.

=)
Old November 10th, 2002, 01:22 AM   #44
Major Player

You Guy's just be careful that you don't pick up some DV disease and get hot pixels and dropped frames.

Chris
Old November 10th, 2002, 09:52 AM   #45
Wrangler

I always cover my lens.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion