Which cam will get you the "smoldering babes"? :) - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Closed Thread

Old December 31st, 2002, 06:56 PM   #61
Warden

Or their tongues back in their heads.

Jeff
Old January 1st, 2003, 08:46 AM   #62
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Bryan Beasleigh : Do you think they remembered to put tape in the cameras? -->>>

No I don't think they can send you a copy
Old January 1st, 2003, 11:04 AM   #63
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Frank Granovski : Yes. The US, Canada and Mexico have a free trade agreement. Hope that helps. -->>>

What does this mean for Canadians exactly? Last time I ordered DV tapes form the states, UPS called one day demanding $70 at the border. They asked if they had a free trade agreement sheet with them, as if I would know what Pro Tape packaged (?)... Having said I didn't know, they told me to cough up the $70.

I had no idea I had to request a free trade document from a US vendor, I assumed it was an automatic border-thing. If I've been charged $ I shouldn't have all these years, I'll be quite annoyed.
Old January 1st, 2003, 11:24 AM   #64
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by SyneticDV : <<<-- Originally posted by Frank Granovski : Yes. The US, Canada and Mexico have a free trade agreement. Hope that helps. -->>>

What does this mean for Canadians exactly? Last time I ordered DV tapes form the states, UPS called one day demanding $70 at the border. They asked if they had a free trade agreement sheet with them, as if I would know what Pro Tape packaged (?)... Having said I didn't know, they told me to cough up the $70.

-->>>

UPS are very greedy people. If your item does the customs dance, they charge you something like $50+ as a brokerage fee. That's on top of shipping.
Free trade means you don't have to pay DUTY on goods made in the USA, Can, or Mex, but you still have to pay TAX when something comes across the border. This is a broad generalization, there are lots of sub rules I'm sure.
The the $70 UPS shanked you for? Probably $20 in tax at the border, plus $50 to UPS for them paying that $20 for you. Nice huh? This is a service the Postal Service does for FREE.
Personaly, I will never ship UPS again unless it's my last choice.

note: If you tell UPS that that is BS, they will wave their brokerage fee once, maybe twice, to keep your business if you threaten to switch to FedEx.
Old January 7th, 2003, 01:02 PM   #65
Major Player

CHIME-ING IN

Wow this thread has certainly grown since the beginning. The number of views is EXCELLENT!

People love the XL1S and if your holding it or making a movie. It gets people or 'smoldering babes' excited.

Everybody, well almost, everybody wants to be in da Pictures.

Cheers!

Derrick
Old January 7th, 2003, 05:21 PM   #66
Wrangler

Some well informed web surfer (not sure if it was from a forum member) with too much free time sent me a link to an XXX rated sight where a GL1 was clearly visible filming, uh, reproductive acts....
However, I must point out that it only proves GL1 users have to PAY to get "smouldering babes" :)

PS. Don't ask me what the site was. I don't kiss and tell.
Old January 8th, 2003, 01:55 PM   #67
Regular Crew

I'm waiting for March. Spring break will be coming and all the girls will be heading down to Daytona. I'm gonna head up there with a couple friends and my XL-1s and see if i can get some good footage. We were thinking of paying a girl some cash to wear a t-shirt from our production company in a wet t-shirt contest. Yeah. Get the camera to do weddings, concerts and shorts and your mind goes straight to the gutter when it arrives.
Old January 9th, 2003, 01:37 PM   #68
Inner Circle

Tim...
I'm pretty sure there are more and better looking women over in ClearWater (on the beach surrounded by Tampa). I've been to Daytona during spring break. The town has become completely family oriented. They really discourage the party crowd.

Now the only hot babes that come around are during bike week.
(coming up very soon btw).

I've been to Clearwater during spring break and saw more string bikinied high quality stuff than you could shake a stick at. Almost as popular as Panama Beach. It's only a little longer distance from Winter Park.

Just a thoght.
Old January 9th, 2003, 01:43 PM   #69
Trustee

Problem with Daytona, and especially during the Spring Break times, is there are all sorts of underage, flashing drunk girls all over the place.

I made the mistake of going to a concert in Daytona a year ago during Spring Break. Stay away... That is, unless you're underage too. Then have fun. ;)

Also, don't forget Cocoa Beach. It has quite a variety of all types...
Old January 9th, 2003, 03:25 PM   #70
Warden

Shhhhh, Joe. You not supposed to let everyone know about Clearwater Beach. It's the best kept Spring Break secret (and it's in my backyard).

Jeff
Old January 10th, 2003, 11:28 AM   #71
Inner Circle

>>Shhhhh, Joe. You <<
You're right.
Okay, I lied, there is nothing but skanks and 60 year old street walkers in Clearwater. sorry to mislead everyone, hehehe. Tim, go ahead to Daytona, you will like it their muuuuuuuch better, hehehe. thats it, much better.
Old January 10th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #72
Major Player

That's it, DVi meet at Jeff's place this spring. Bring your cams, we'll have a 'Best Footage' contest.

Actually, that'd look pretty impressive wouldn't it? Five or more high quality camers, and all of us decked out in the same Production shirts :P They'll be lining up to get on camera, haha
Old January 10th, 2003, 03:03 PM   #73
Inner Circle

syneticDV.... and we could coordinate with a local Radio Station to make sure lots and lots of uhm.... 'talent' , thats the word, 'talent' showed up.

I LIKE THIS!
Old January 10th, 2003, 03:12 PM   #74
Major Player

Didn't the Scientologists take over Clearwater? You mean there are also good looking women there? Not Scientologists I hope.

Rick
Old January 10th, 2003, 03:58 PM   #75
Outer Circle

One guy gets the smoldering Swedish babes with the Pana MX8 (PV-DV952). Notice this cam is slim and long---poker like. This is his site:

http://www.eeplaza.com

PS: go with UPS 1 or 2 day service, that includes brokerage. The ground service does not. But I don't use UPS anymore. They have a real problem with losing packages due to theft. And they also try to cheat you with pricing. This has been my experience. I had arranged an Optura PI shipment to California last year via UPS. Guess what, it disappeared at the Vancouver UPS depot.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion