Where do you get your kit from? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old May 12th, 2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Where do you get your kit from?

I'm in the market for a new camera (and a few other things) and I was wondering where everyone goes for their kit. Do you go with authorised sellers, big boys like B&H, various webstores or ebay? I've got a lot of stuff from ebay and TVbay in the past, but I'm dubious about buying an actual CAMERA via them.

I'm based in the UK, in Berkshire, and ideally I'm looking for somewhere with a store I can take the camera back to if it develops a fault (since I'm looking at Sony gear, this would probably mean an authorised dealer?). Obviously price is a consideration, but since I'm going to be earning a living from this kit, aftersales is important too. Anyone got an recommendations for anywhere local-ish to Berkshire?

My question aside, this could be a good resource for everyone, so if you have any info for anywhere else, feel free to add it too (I had a little look, but I couldn't see this topic anywhere- merge and point out if I've put it in the wrong place!).

Cheers, all!
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Everyone here will likly recommend the sponsors!! Justifiably so, they are all good reliable businesses.

I have done the bulk of my purchases through B&H photo video, video guys, cineform and scnider optics, all sponsors.

I have had fantastic service from B&H, often the best prices too!!

there is a lot of security in knowing the business you deal with as apposed to looking for best buys on the internet.
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I usually just search on the internet and look for good prices.
John Meeks is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion