Selling Stock Video Footage. - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 31st, 2019, 04:05 PM   #76
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: Selling Stock Video Footage.

Decided on another discussion thread not to bother replying to Gary. Stuck to it ever since.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2019, 04:06 PM   #77
Trustee

David, thank you. I never knew this. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2019, 04:31 PM   #78
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knaggs View Post
there's actually an inbuilt forum function to help you permanently achieve this. Here's a quote by Chris from another thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
for any member here who finds himself or herself sufficiently irked with a specific fellow member, may I please remind all of you about this simple, easy, and readily available option:

Edit Member Ignore List
Thanks, David. Please everyone, if your only response to anything I post is to call me "stupid", imply I don't know what I'm talking about without ever offering anything specific or of substance, or directly lie about things you literally said one post prior, please add me to this list. You really should not be seeing what I have to add to any discussion if you are going to do any of that.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2019, 05:10 AM   #79
Vortex Media

David, thanks for the suggestion. I was not aware of that function.
Old April 1st, 2019, 10:10 AM   #80
Regular Crew

Seems to me the best way to deal with someone disruptive on a forum is to ignore them. If everyone would ignore them they would soon get bored without the attention and move on. Lot of good information on this site and the back and forth with these people is disruptive
Tom Mussatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2019, 10:52 AM   #81
Trustee

Well the other day I submitted 4 more clips for approval to Shutterstock, including one that was classified "editorial" just to try it. Again, I followed all of Doug's suggestions on importing clips, editing, grading, writing the description, creating metadata, uploading via an FTP site and submitting for final approval. To be honest, if I had not taken this course and just went at it myself I would have received so many rejections that I would have gotten frustrated and dropped the whole idea. However, by following Doug's methodology I received notice that all of my clips were accepted by Shutterstock, including the Alaskan fishing boat that I submitted under the classification of "editorial" because you could see the boats name on the bow. This is fantastic. Thank you Doug. Bob
Old April 1st, 2019, 11:01 AM   #82
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Safay View Post
I received notice that all of my clips were accepted by Shutterstock, including the Alaskan fishing boat that I submitted under the classification of "editorial" because you could see the boats name on the bow.
Congrats, Bob. You'll have to let us know what your numbers are at the end of the year.

Last edited by Gary Huff; April 1st, 2019 at 02:15 PM.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2019, 01:50 PM   #83
Trustee

Thank you Gary, I will.
Old April 1st, 2019, 05:45 PM   #84
Vortex Media

Nice job, Bob. Now keep going. I think a lot of people put a few clips out there, they don't see immediate results the next day, and then they lose interest and forget to submit anything new. I know you're not the type to fall victim to that way trap, but I want to encourage you anyway to keep uploading right away. You are planting seeds and you have to keep putting more seeds in the ground even thought the first seeds haven't even sprouted yet. That's my pep talk! Now get out there and sell one for the Gipper!
Old April 2nd, 2019, 03:57 AM   #85
Major Player

I'm coming up for retirement in a couple of years time. So I've got time to build up a portfolio of clips that I could submit. But will be exceptionally lucky if I could catch up on Doug's nest egg. Bought the course anyway, loads of useful information even I can understand and follow. Thanks Doug.
Old April 2nd, 2019, 06:20 AM   #86
Trustee

Doug, thanks for the encouragement. Donald, glad you signed up. After you retire think of all the places you can visit and video. Doug, quick question. After you upload your finished clips from Resolve to your hard drive, and then upload them to Shutterstock and they get approved, what to you do with the clips on your hard drive? Since you still have the original clips, do you delete that file? Bob
Old April 2nd, 2019, 10:22 AM   #87
Trustee

I observed a strange phenomena with Shutterstock. My 4k, 422, 10-bit clips stay in the review cue for about 2 weeks. However, 4k, 420, 8-bit clips are reviewed within about 2-4 days.

Last edited by Mark Williams; April 3rd, 2019 at 06:51 AM.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2019, 11:07 PM   #88
Obstreperous Rex

Right now there are 88 posts in this thread -- there may be fewer than that in just a few hours, but first I have to sharpen my pruning shears.

"Edit Member Ignore List" as previously mentioned is a great way to stay happy in the meantime.

More to follow (actually, *less* to follow). Thanks to all who stayed on track -- your posts have permanency!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2019, 06:32 AM   #89
Vortex Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald McPherson View Post
I'm coming up for retirement in a couple of years time. So I've got time to build up a portfolio of clips that I could submit.
You better believe that is the forefront of my motivation as I build up my portfolio. I intend to plant enough seeds that stock footage royalties will be one of the pillars of my retirement income long after I stop shooting and am confined to a wheelchair with a nurse feeding me soup. :-) Thanks for signing up, and please let me know if you have any questions I don't address in the workshop.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 06:35 AM   #90
Vortex Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Safay View Post
what to you do with the clips on your hard drive? Since you still have the original clips, do you delete that file? Bob
I save two copies of all the rendered clips permanently in my archives. For one thing, hard drives are cheap so it's not a big burden, and for another thing, at some point you're going to want to submit a lot of those clips to other stock footage agencies as well. So keep them organized and ready to upload. You don't want to have to re-render them.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion